Australia Vacation Deal | Aussie Coasts, Wildlife & Cuisine
9 Days Melbourne, Adelaide & Kangaroo Island from $2,399*
- Accommodation – Melbourne (3 Nights), Kangaroo Island (1), Adelaide (3)
- International Flights on Virgin Australia- Los Angeles to Melbourne (Return)
- Tours – Melbourne; Philip Island Wildlife Tour with Exclusive Underground Viewing Upgrade, Hidden Secrets Tour with Lunch. Kangaroo Island; Wildlife Experience Tour. Adelaide; Your choice of Barossa Food & Wine Tour OR Adelaide and Hahndorf City Tour.
- Overnight Tour – 1 Day / 1 Night Kangaroo Island Exploration
- Airport Transfers
- Australia Domestic Flights – Melbourne to Adelaide (Return)
- US Domestic Flights – Add-ons are available. Ask your Destination Specialist for details.
- This itinerary can be tailored to suit your needs
- Premium Economy & Business Class upgrades available
To Book: 888-359-2877 (M-F, 8:30am-5pm CT USA)
Permitted US Departure Dates: November 6 – December 10, 2017 & January 12 – September 17, 2018
Starting price can be found November 6 – November 30, 2017 departing on a Tuesday
Booking Code: ST-TA119
Add-on 3 Nights in Sydney from $400*
Add-on 3 Nights in Cairns & 3 Nights in Sydney from $960*
World-Class Cities, Incredible Islands, Exotic Wildlife and Mouth-Watering Cuisine…
The Essentials for a Perfect Aussie Vacation!
Where does your mind wander to when you dream of your next vacation? Do you want to feel wonder wash over you as you explore natural beauty? Do you wish to discover amazing hidden gems of sophisticated cities? Do you dream of petting koalas, feeding kangaroos and walking among sea lions as they laze on the beach? How about indulging in some of the finest wines, craft brews and good eats?
Arrive in Melbourne, the capital of Victoria after a pleasant and accommodating flight with Virgin Australia. You’ll soon see why Melbourne is constantly rated “The World’s Most Livable City”:
- Wide availability of goods and services
- Low personal risk
- Great infrastructure
- Vibrant lifestyle
You’ll spend 3 nights in the heart of Australia’s most stylish city. Melbourne’s passion for food & wine, vibrant arts scene and culture will entrance you from the moment you arrive. Top must-do attractions are just a short walk away from your apartment-style hotel, including Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne Aquarium, Harbor Esplanade and much more.
There’s something for everyone – every night of the week!
- You’ll get up close and personal with Australia’s iconic animals and see adorable, exotic species.
- Witness Australian sheep shearing and visit koalas in the wild.
- Stroll along Phillip Island’s picturesque coast, taking in the soothing sounds of the ocean.
- Watch as hundreds of tiny penguins waddle from the ocean on their way home for the night. This package includes access to an exclusive underground viewing area so you can see their little waddles up-close!
The next day, see what all the fuss over Melbourne is about on the Hidden Secrets tour. Discover the top hidden gems of the city on a personal, small group guided tour. Want to know the best restaurants, cafes and shops that might easily be passed over by the average tourist? Your informative guide will know all the hotspots! You’ll also receive deep and passionate insight into the laneways culture and history of Melbourne.
You’ll become a local before lunch!
After your stay in Melbourne you’ll head to South Australia. Arrive in Adelaide and take a scenic transfer ride through the rolling country side to a ferry that will take you to Kangaroo Island. Prepare for an unforgettable stay in this island where echidnas, goannas, wallabies and kangaroos roam free. Make the most out of your stay in Kangaroo Island:
- Walk among sea lions on Seal Bay Conservation Park
- Enjoy an amazing 2-course lunch with small-town island charm.
- Spot koalas hanging about as you stroll under eucalyptus trees.
- Spend the afternoon in Flinders Chase National Park, a renowned sanctuary for native Australian wildlife.
- Encounter spectacular rock formations, Admiral’s Arch and Remarkable Rocks – perfect photo opportunities of unique Australian landscapes. You may even spot more adorable animals out in the wild!
You’ll see why Kangaroo Island is described as a zoo without fences!
The next day you’ll head back to Adelaide, the capital of South Australia, where you’ll spend 3 nights in this elegant city.
In Adelaide, fantastic food and wine is a way of life. Adelaide pairs wonderfully with Melbourne because unlike the international melting pot that makes up the most stylish city in Australia, Adelaide is quintessentially Australian. On your free day you can enjoy this authentically laid-back city, where you may want to:
- Explore the endless array of gourmet produce in Adelaide Central Market (Open Tuesday – Saturday). Let your inner foodie go wild and pick from premium meats, locally sourced seafood and artisan cheeses to delight your taste buds.
- Pop into one of many fabulous restaurants or picnic on the sprawling Botanic Gardens in the heart of the city.
- Experience the emerging vibrant arts scene and catch a show or film screening in one of many colorful theaters or art galleries.
- Visit the Adelaide Zoo, Australia’s second oldest zoo, to see playful pandas, kangaroos, koalas and more lively wildlife.
- Soak up the sun with a quick trip to Glenelg Beach and meander along the bustling shops, cafes and scenic trails along this white sand beach.
There’s never a dull moment in this sophisticated city!
Your next day is spent indulging your senses on a food and wine tour of Barossa Valley, Australia’s premier wine region. Not into wine? No problem! Instead, experience the rich, historic culture of Adelaide with an immersive tour of the city’s highlights.
In Barossa Valley, you’ll travel in a small coach to sample some of the finest wines and delicacies across this region. Home of Penfolds, Barossa is an internationally-recognized leader in wine production, especially Shiraz, Cabernet, Riesling and Chardonnay. Your day will include:
- Morning tea and tastings of delicious food and decadent wines at family-owned TeAro Estate.
- Wine tastings at boutique Kellermeister Winery, recently rated as Fine Wine Producer of the Year.
- A tasty stop at famous Maggie’s Beer Farm Shop to sample savory preserves and wines. The gorgeous gardens and grounds around the Farm Shop will charm you in this delightful oasis of flavors within the Barossa Valley.
- Tastings of multiple award-winning wines at the world-famous Wolf Blass Visitor Center.
- A platter-style Barossa gourmet lunch at Saltram Wine Estate. Learn about Saltram’s impressive 150-year history as you enjoy your meal.
- Spectacular views, engaging stories and excellent wine tastings at the award-winning, family-oriented Pindarie Cellar Door.
This will be a day in heaven for any wine lover!
If you’d rather delve deeper into Adelaide, spend your day on a tour around the quaint but classic Adelaide Hills region. You’ll explore the highlights of the city along the cultural North Terrace, where museums, stunning architecture and libraries will charm you with their class. Learn about Adelaide’s high culture through expert commentary from your guide:
- See the impressive architecture of University of Adelaide, State Library of South Australia, Art Gallery of South Australia and South Australian Museum.
- Spot the famous Adelaide Oval, host to cricket, football, rugby games and concerts.
- Give in to temptation and taste scrumptious handmade chocolates on your stop at Haigh’s Chocolates Factory for a tour and free samples.
- Stop at Mount Lofty Summit Lookout, the highest peak in Adelaide, and take in the breathtaking views of the city and the coastline.
- Spend the afternoon at picturesque Hahndorf, Adelaide’s oldest German settlement, and explore the shops, cafes and pubs lining the main street.
You’ll know Adelaide like the back of your hand!
As the sun sets on your final day in Adelaide, you’ll look back on your Australian vacation filled with coastal experiences, unique wildlife and fantastic cuisine with a smile on your face. As your Australian Travel Specialists, we’ll make sure your essential Aussie vacation goes without a hitch.
Let’s start planning your vacation to Australia today!
Want to see more?
Your trip doesn’t have to end here. Australia is huge and will always leave you wanting more. With so much to experience and see, an additional stay Sydney may be just what you need. Add-on an extra 3 nights to experience this iconic city, where you’ll spend a few more days in paradise.
On your first day in Sydney you’ll tour the Opera House to view some of its performance halls and see the glass-enclosed foyer offering incredible views of the Harbour. Marvel at the details that went in to the making of the Opera House while an expert guide gives you the inside scoop from the Opera House’s inception to final opening. Don’t forget – while the Opera House is an unmatched architectural wonder, there are actual opera performances held there near daily! Optional tickets to see a performance are a great way to experience the Opera House in action. Though there are performances near daily, tickets do sell out FAST and it is best to purchase tickets ahead of time.
Sydney is never short on things to do and is home to many of Australia’s best museums, art galleries, and more. Your second day in Sydney is free to explore the city and its endless array of things to do:
- Visit Bondi Beach, one of Australia’s most popular beaches, to catch some waves, soak up that Australian sun, or stroll along the bustling Bondi Pavilion, where cafes, its theater and art gallery are sure to draw you in.
- Opt for a tour of 3 amazing wineries in the Hunter Valley Wine region, named one of the premier wine regions in the world. Tempt your taste buds with samples of fine wines and learn more about the winemaking process
- Treat yourself to a sensational Sydney Harbor lunch cruise. Your personal host will show you all the hot local spots and entertain you with the rich history of the harbor. Take some time to kayak, swim, or fish while out on the sea to work up your appetite for a delicious 3 course BBQ lunch included in the cruise.
With all the legwork done for you, why travel any other way? From start to finish, your vacation should be effortless. Book your vacation now. Leave the work at work and the planning to us.
Round out your trip with a visit to the Great Barrier Reef!
Don’t miss your chance to see one of the seven natural wonders of the world while you’re in Australia. Choose to add on an extra 3 days in Cairns to explore this city and its underwater crown jewel – the Great Barrier Reef. Relax and let yourself be enchanted by the tropical paradise surrounding you.
Get ready to experience the underwater wonderland of the Great Barrier Reef. On your first day in Cairns you’ll cruise out to the reef on a spacious catamaran. After a brief information session, you’ll don on a mask, snorkel and fins – you’re ready to explore the reef! See the colorful myriad of soft and hard coral below and watch as bright tropical fish flit around you.
Not a swimmer? Not a problem! Take a trip on the Semi-Submersible, Glass Bottom Boat or visit the Underwater Reef Viewing Observatory to gaze at the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef around you. We’ll make sure you get to experience this extraordinary natural marvel in your own level of comfort.
The next day is free to explore Cairns. This iconic Australian destination is full of natural beauty, wildlife and fun activities to fill your day.
- Explore the nearby Cape Tribulation and Daintree Rainforest on a Wilderness Safari. One of the world’s oldest rainforests, Daintree will amaze you with its lush flora and fascinating fauna.
- Dine in paradise on a delightful dinner cruise in a comfortable catamaran for a night of amazing views and entertainment.
- Visit local shops and markets to pick from the freshest produce and seafood to nibble.
- Relish in the laidback holiday atmosphere of the city and work on your tan as you laze by the Cairns Lagoon or your hotel’s rooftop pool.
Paradise doesn’t get much better than this.
Once you’ve rounded out your vacation, you’ll be ready to catch your flight home knowing that you’ve made the most of your vacation. The last thing you want to feel on your way home is that you missed out on any important destinations. Australia is huge (just about the size of the United States) and trying to see it all in one-go can be difficult, but by planning with us we can ensure that your time isn’t wasted, and you’ve experienced the most you could.
*Terms & Conditions:
|About Australia is proud to be an ARC Accredited Agency, part of the most select group of dedicated professionals in the U.S. travel industry recognized as having met stringent financial, personnel, and security requirements. About Australia’s ARC # 45581863|
|Visit Full Site AboutAustralia.com|