Australia Vacation Deal | Australia’s Tobruk Wreck & Great Barrier Reef Diving
14 Days Hervey Bay, Cairns, Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard and Sydney with International Flights from $4,495*
- 14 Days/ 12 Nights, Australia
- International Flights: Los Angeles to Brisbane, Sydney to Los Angeles
- Australia Domestic Flights: Brisbane to Hervey Bay, Hervey Bay to Cairns, Cairns to Sydney
- 4-Star Accommodation: Hervey Bay (2 Nights), Spirit of Queensland (1), Cairns (1), Liveaboard Expedition (4), Cairns (2), Sydney (2)
- Tours Included:
- Hervey Bay: HMS Tobruk – 2 Certified Dives per Day, 2 Days
- Overnight Tours:
- Spirit of Queensland: Overnight Rail Journey
- Coach connection from Hervey Bay to Marlborough West
- All meals (Dinner, Breakfast & Lunch)
- Lie flat bed with all linen provided
- Personal on-demand entertainment
- Towels & personal amenity pack
- Cairns: 4 Day/ 4 Night Great Barrier Reef Coral Sea Expedition – 3 Dive Days
- Transfers from Cairns City Accommodation (Return)
- Up to 15 Dives
- En-Suite Cabin with Daily Service
- Chef Prepared Gourmet Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Daily)
- Wetsuits, Air Fills, Dive and Snorkel Guides
- Spirit of Queensland: Overnight Rail Journey
- US Domestic Flights: Add-ons are available
- Shuttle Transfers: Cairns Airport to Accommodation (Return), Sydney Airport to Accommodation (Return)
- This trip itinerary is customizable
To Book: 888-359-2877 (M-F, 8:30am-5pm CT USA)
Permitted US Departure Dates: Fridays Only, Select Dates January 3 – June 28, July 24 – November 11 & November 22 – December 5, 2020*
Starting Price found: Select Dates April 29 -June 21, 2020*
Booking Code: ST-DiveHB2b
Book By: March 31, 2020
Travel Agency Reviews
Australia is beautiful. Our trip was well planned and very organized. Daily vouchers were easy to understand and all travel documents were very organized. Darin was extremely helpful and readily available for questions and concerns. I would definitely recommend About Australia for your travel needs.
Thank you so much Koda for all the recommendations and the itinerary tips! The stay in Melbourne was centered right in the middle - loved the people, lots to eat, lots to do and see. We loved our stay - our balcony was so beautiful - we loved our view so much! Cairns - loved our hotel and everything was in walk-able distance, we had an ocean view, sunrise was magical - wished we extended our stay and went with your recommendation to extend our trip for another night! Sydney - loved the(...)
The paper work including what to do pre trip was great, Australia is a long way so Ana extended my return an extra 10 days so I could have more time with son and visit Tasmania. For my return next year I plan on using their services .
We loved our time in Australia! The diversity between Melbourne, Cairns, and Sydney was great. We did several tours including the Phillip Island Penguins, the snorkeling/diving in Cairns (would like to do that one about 10 more times!), the Kuranda Rainforeststation, and the Hop on/Hop off tour in Sydney. We also did some extra exploring at those places and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We highly recommend time in Australia - LOTS of time vs. just the 11 days we spent there! We just may(...)
Epic Diving Gets No Better Than in Australia
Pack your logbook and pick your dive buddy – this Australia Scuba Diving trip is the ultimate diving bucket list adventure.
As one of the seven natural wonders of the world, the Great Barrier Reef still holds the top spot for the most breathtaking dive sites on Earth.
But Australia also offers the perfect change of pace with its newest metal masterpiece – the ex-HMAS Tobruk.
This new wreck dive site is the perfect playground right on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef.
And you’ll get to explore both sites in one unforgettable trip.
Dive into Hervey Bay
This dive vacation begins in Hervey Bay, a small coastal city crowned as the “Whale Watching Capital of the World.” Nestled along the coast of Queensland across Fraser Island, the warm, sheltered waters of Hervey Bay are the ideal nesting ground for humpback whales. If you’re lucky to visit between July to November, you just might spot whales right from the shore!
While you’re not keeping an eye out for whales, you’ll get your dives in with 2 days of exploring Tobruk. Once a Landing Ship Heavy (LSH) of the Royal Australian Navy in the 1980’s, Tobruk was sunk in 2018 as a dive wreck. The unique layout, massive tank deck and ease of dives offer a thrilling wreck experience unlike any other:
- Limited to only a few companies, your dive crew are among the top professionals with access to diving Tobruk.
- Enjoy a small group diving experience with only 10 dive passengers per trip.
- Explore the cavernous depths of Tobruk, teeming with colorful reef fish, anemones, octopus and lionfish.
- Meet Brookie, the resident green sea turtle, among throngs of spadefish, barracuda, trevally and wobbegong sharks.
After a day out diving Tobruk, you’ll want to go back for more – and that’s exactly what this trip includes. Return to Tobruk for a second day to fully explore the nooks and crevices you missed your first day.
Then, head to Tropical North Queensland for a one-of-a-kind Great Barrier Reef expedition.
But first, you’ll board the Spirit of Queensland for a delightful overnight rail journey with a touch of luxury. Your Rail Bed experience includes all meals onboard featuring the freshest Queensland produce, personal on-demand entertainment and a lie-flat bed with all linen provided. Once you travel by luxury rail, you’ll never want to travel any other way.
See the Great Barrier Reef
Arrive in Cairns, the gateway city to the Great Barrier Reef, for a day to kick back and relax into the laid-back rhythm of Australia’s tropics. The next morning you’ll wake up bright and early to board your 4-day Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard adventure:
- Start with a breathtaking flight along the coastline and over the reef to Lizard Island, where you will be welcomed aboard by your friendly crew.
- Enjoy three days of diving at exclusive sites on the outer Great Barrier Reef, including Ribbon Reef and the world-famous Osprey Reef, renowned for spectacular reef walls, massive soft corals and amazing shark action.
- Get the full “Finderella” service of the crew switching out your tanks for you, putting on your fins and prepping your mask.
- Refuel with chef-prepared meals, Australian in style and all inclusive, complete with wines to complement evening meals.
Explore Tropical Cairns
Trade your wetsuits for board shorts and snorkel masks for sunglasses. In Cairns, every day of the week feels like the weekend.
At the end of your 4-day expedition you’ll arrive back in Cairns, where you’ll have 2 free days to get to know the city. This coastal city is primed for venturing into the Daintree Rainforest, discovering a network of waterfalls and swimming holes, or relaxing at the Cairns Esplanade Lagoon.
On your free days in Cairns you might like to:
- Explore the Daintree Rainforest, the oldest rainforest in the world. This World Heritage-listed wonder offers walks, guided tours, wildlife spotting and educational exhibits to learn more about the cultural heritage and importance of this region.
- See the tropics from above on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
- Join a Cape Tribulation safari to see where two World Heritage sites, the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, meet. Learn about the wildlife, explore the beaches and admire the coastline on this guided eco-tour.
Set in one of most unique regions on Earth, Cairns is the perfect base for exploring the natural wonders of the world.
You’ve explored an amazing wreck site, seen the Great Barrier Reef, swam with creatures of the deep and explored the tropical oasis of Cairns – now get ready for Sydney!
Fall in Love with Sydney
After relaxing in the tropics you’ll head to Sydney, Australia’s famous harbor city. As your plane descends and you catch your first glimpse of the Opera House sails, gleaming against the sparkling harbor, you’ll be absolutely captivated.This sun-kissed city is the envy of harbor cities around the world, framed by unspoiled beaches and iconic cityscapes. You’ll stay 2 nights in a stylish and comfortable accommodation conveniently located in Darling Harbour, the perfect base for exploring the city.
Your last day in Sydney is free to discover the city’s endless charms. There’s always a spot to roll out a towel on one of its gorgeous beaches, or explore the fantastic food scene at waterfront restaurants and cozy eateries tucked within the city’s central lanes.
You may like to:
- Get your hands on a Sydney Harbour Cruise Pass for a hop on hop off cruise along the harbor. When in one of the world’s top harbor cities, a cruise is a must! Stop at sites such as Manly Beach, Taronga Zoo, Luna Park, Circular Quay and much more.
- Tour the Sydney Opera House, where you’ll learn about the controversial history of this architectural masterpiece. With six venues beneath its looming sails, there might be a rock concert, opera performance, classical music showcase and a ballet going on all at once!
- Take in panoramic views of the city and across the harbor on an exhilarating Sydney Harbour Bridge climb! On this unforgettable climb, you’ll scale all the way to the top of the bridge with an expert guide leading you every step of the way.
In Sydney, one moment you can be strolling through towering buildings and bustling lanes, and the next you’ll see a clearing of glistening water stretching into the ocean.
However you choose to spend your time in Sydney, we’re sure you’ll want your time Down Under to never end.
The best part? You didn’t have to stress out about your trip by planning a single thing. Our Destination Specialists can help you arrange a trip with all the necessary parts – the flights to get you to Australia, the hotels, the transfers and the diving trips.
Getting it all going can be more overwhelming once you sit down to start planning. We make it easy by planning it all for you. Contact us to start planning your Australia dive trip today!
*Terms & Conditions:
|About Australia is proud to be an ARC Accredited Agency, part of the most select group of dedicated professionals in the U.S. travel industry recognized as having met stringent financial, personnel, and security requirements. About Australia’s ARC # 45581863|