Australia Vacation Deal | Gold Coast, Great Barrier Reef, Whitsundays & Brisbane
11 Days Gold Coast, Great Barrier Reef, Whitsundays & Brisbane
This deal has expired, please contact About Australia directly to get a firm quote based on current prices for your preferred travel dates.
- 11 Days/ 9 Nights, Australia
- Accommodation: Gold Coast (3 Nights), Airlie Beach (2), Daydream Island (2), Brisbane (2)
- Australian Domestic Flights: Brisbane to Proserpine (Return)
- Tours Included:
- Gold Coast: Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary & Koala Photo
- International Flights: Los Angeles to Brisbane (Return)
- US Domestic Flights: Are not included, but can be included on request.
- Australia Domestic Flights: Brisbane to Sydney
- Accommodation: Sydney 3 Nights
- Shuttle Transfers: Sydney Airport to Accommodation (Return)
To Book: 888-359-2877 (M-F, 8:30am-5pm CT USA)
Booking Code: ST-TA190
Travel Agency Reviews
About Australia did a fantastic job planning our trip. We enjoyed the flexibility of designing it based on our preferences. I highly recommend this service!
Our first trip to AUSTRALIA did not disappoint! Our Itinarary was perfect for us Alaskan adventurers! A well rounded trip from Sydney to Cairns and so much in between. We hiked in the Blue Mountains and swam at Lake Eacham walked amongst the kangaroo s and Cockatoo s and held the precious Koala bears. We romped in the rain forest and stayed at Rose Gums enjoyed the 3 bedroom treehouse with all the creature comforts! On to Port Douglas and the Great Barrier Reef a life long memory to say(...)
Thank you so much Koda for all the recommendations and the itinerary tips! The stay in Melbourne was centered right in the middle - loved the people, lots to eat, lots to do and see. We loved our stay - our balcony was so beautiful - we loved our view so much! Cairns - loved our hotel and everything was in walk-able distance, we had an ocean view, sunrise was magical - wished we extended our stay and went with your recommendation to extend our trip for another night! Sydney - loved the(...)
Australia is beautiful. Our trip was well planned and very organized. Daily vouchers were easy to understand and all travel documents were very organized. Darin was extremely helpful and readily available for questions and concerns. I would definitely recommend About Australia for your travel needs.
When you dream about your next vacation, do you imagine relaxing on a long stretch of beach? Do you want to see world-famous sights of natural beauty? The east coast of Australia is where your next beachfront getaway resides.
Head to the heart of the Great Barrier Reef where an archipelago of green islands with smooth, white sands are surrounded by clear blue waters.
Experience the diversity of Australia’s paradise in the relaxed resort town of Airlie Beach, Daydream Island, where the Great Barrier Reef is right outside your door, and immerse yourself in the vibrant culture of Brisbane.
With breathtaking islands and iconic cities to explore, this package takes you to the best of Australia’s tropical delights!
Begin your vacation with an international flight on Virgin Australia, on the sleek and safe Boeing 777. Settle into your seat and relax with the peace of mind knowing you’re flying with one of the world’s top 20 airlines. After an inflight dinner it’s lights out, and before you know it you’ll wake up in Australia.
Arrive in Brisbane, where you’ll take a transfer to the Gold Coast. Sun-kissed beaches and boundless waves are at the forefront of the Gold Coast, known as Australia’s endless playground.
You’ll spend three nights in a spacious 4-star apartment-style hotel, just one block away from the beach in Surfers Paradise. You’ll find plenty of sand to roll out a beach towel, pop up some shade, slow the pace and just chill.
Ready to meet some exciting locals?
The day after your arrival on the Gold Coast you’ll take a trip to the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, a heritage-listed sanctuary home to one of the world’s largest collections of native Australian wildlife!
Getting up close and personal with wildlife doesn’t get more intimate than this. Featuring over 1,500 animals and dozens of entertaining, immersive shows, you’ll need a whole day to explore the sanctuary.
- Cuddle up with a koala for a photo opt – the only souvenir you’ll need!
- Hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies.
- Marvel at the dozens of rainbow lorikeets as they rest on your shoulder.
- Meet an array of Australia’s reptiles.
- Feel the stunning white coat of Marrok, a pure white alpine dingo and star of the Sanctuary.
In your free-time, you’ll experience the quintessential Australian lifestyle of the Gold Coast. Kick the day off with a beachside yoga session or sunrise stroll, get salty with a morning surf, or explore the lush national parks surrounding the Gold Coast. By night the vibrant entertainment scene welcomes the party-loving set, cocktails in hand, at lounges, laid-back music venues and rooftop bars.
After your days in the Gold Coast you’ll head to Airlie Beach, the gateway to the Whitsundays. Nestled further north along the coast of Queensland, Airlie Beach sits directly across the Whitsunday Islands. These islands are where local Australians play, sailing across the calm, turquoise waters and exploring the secluded beaches of these island wonders.
You’ll spend two nights in a gorgeous 4-star accommodation set right next to the ocean. Spend your days relaxing by the sparkling pool, taking in the endless views of the blue ocean, or wander along the Airlie Beach boardwalk. If you set your eyes far along the horizon you can catch a glimpse of sailboats and yachts setting out to the Whitsundays.
Now it’s your turn to explore the Whitsundays.
After your stay in Airlie Beach, you’ll board a ferry to Daydream Island. Known as the jewel of the Whitsundays, this mile-long island is the perfect base for exploring the Great Barrier Reef and other Whitsunday islands.
You’ll stay two nights at a recently refurbished 4-star resort, perfectly capturing the serenity of this island paradise. The endless views of the turquoise ocean surround this idyllic island, edged with coral beaches home to friendly wallabies.
- Experience an educational talk while watching divers navigate the onsite Living Reef, home to a range of thriving marine life, and narrate their journey.
- Enter the Living Reef and take a splash with baby rays, followed by a talk and tour of the Underwater Observatory.
- Take a chance to get close and personal with some of the Living Reef residents, including colorful fish, baby reef sharks and sea stars.
- Join Marine Biologists as they take you through the restricted areas of the lagoon for a hands on exclusive look at the Living Reef with time to experience the brand new Touch Tanks.
With an array of activities on offer across the island, you can experience the luxury of diving into a snorkeling adventure or exploring the island and surrounding Great Barrier Reef by helicopter, sail boat or jet ski. Don’t miss your chance to spend a day at famous Whitehaven Beach, renowned for its pristine white sands. Take an optional day trip to Whitehaven Beach from Daydream Island and enjoy a wonderful beach day on one of the world’s top rated beaches.
Once the sun sets on your last day on Daydream Island, you’ll head to your final destination: Brisbane. As the capital of Australia’s tropical state of Queensland, Brisbane perfectly captures Australia’s urban culture and love of outdoor adventures.
Spend 2 nights in a sleek and stylish 4-star accommodation in the heart of city. This upscale, apartment-style hotel offers the comforts of home with the excitement of Brisbane’s iconic destinations nearby. A mecca of designer shops and boutiques at the Queen Street Mall is only minutes away, and the nearby riverside precincts along Eagle Street and South Bank offer exceptional waterfront dining overlooking the Brisbane River.
Take a free day to explore all Brisbane has to offer. From museums and art galleries to expansive parklands and exceptional riverside dining, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Relax at Streets Beach, Brisbane’s inner city beach in the South Bank district. The sparkling man-made lagoon surrounded by white sandy beaches set against Brisbane’s towering skyscrapers is an incredible sight to behold.
- Try kayaking on the river or catch the City Hopper Ferry to various riverside attractions including the Queensland Performing Arts Centre, Brisbane Art Gallery and the Maritime Museum.
- Explore the Brisbane Botanical Gardens and Roma Street Parklands for wide, open greenery with grassy areas to enjoy a picnic, walking tracks and native wildlife.
- Join a whale watching cruise to see migrating humpback whales between the months of June and October.
As the sun sets on your last days in Brisbane, you’ll dream of when you can come back.
The best part? You didn’t have to stress out about your trip by planning a single thing. Putting together all the moving parts of a trip to the other side of the world can be overwhelming. From booking flights and hotels to communicating with shuttle services and tours, making sure everything goes smoothly can be a full-job.
As experts in Australian travel, we put trips like these together all day. From the moment you speak to our Destination Specialists to your plane touching down back home after your vacation, we’ll make sure every aspect of your trip goes smoothly. Let’s begin your Australia vacation today!
*Terms & Conditions:
|About Australia is proud to be an ARC Accredited Agency, part of the most select group of dedicated professionals in the U.S. travel industry recognized as having met stringent financial, personnel, and security requirements. About Australia’s ARC # 45581863|