Australia Vacation Deal | Swimming with Whales Expedition
12 Days Cairns, Minke Whale Liveaboard and Sydney with International Flights from $3,533*
- 12 Days/ 10 Nights, Australia
- International Flights: Los Angeles to Brisbane, Sydney to Los Angeles
- Australia Domestic Flights: Brisbane to Cairns, Cairns to Sydney
- 4-Star Accommodation: Cairns (1 Night), Liveaboard Expedition (4), Cairns (2), Sydney (3)
- Tours Included:
- Sydney: Opera House Tour
- Overnight Tour: Cairns: 4 Night Liveaboard Minke Whale Expedition
- Transfers from Cairns City Accommodation (Return)
- Up to 16 Dives
- En-Suite Cabin with Daily Service
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Daily)
- Wetsuits, Air Fills, Dive and Snorkel Guides
- US Domestic Flights: Add-ons are available
- Shuttle Transfers: Cairns Airport to Accommodation (Return), Sydney Airport to Accommodation (Return)
To Book: 888-359-2877 (M-F, 8:30am-5pm CT USA)
Permitted US Departure Dates: June 4, 11, 18, 25, July 9 & 16, 2019
Starting Price found: June 18, 25, July 9 & 16, 2019
Booking Code: ST-MNK1
Book By: July 4, 2019
Travel Agency Reviews
Everything was perfect for our trip. Everything I wanted to see and the package Chris put together was perfect. It was action packed but got to see everything we wanted to see. Working with About Australia was smooth and an easy process. Chris spend a lot of time putting the package together and we couldn't be more pleased. All the hotels were in great locations for us to visit the sites. Can't thank you enough for the best vacation ever.
Well designed and good value trip, would recommend to friends
Thank you Ana ,you are the best and very professional.
Amazing trip to Australia !!!!!!
Very soon will be back with our son Richard.
Going to Australia and snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef has been #1 on my "Bucket List" since I can remember! All the stars fell in line this year, so we decided, "This is it...we're going!"
About Australia came highly recommended to us by some friends who LOVE Australia (and are going again with them next year for the 5th time!!), so we contacted them to check them out and get the ball rolling! I was a little skeptical about planning such an extensive vacation with an agent that(...)
Meet the Gentle Giants of the Deep!
If you’re looking for the best place to see whales, it doesn’t matter where in the world you go.
What matters is that you get off the boat.
As site of many migratory whales, the Great Barrier Reef is the perfect place to see whales. It’s also one of the only places in the world where you can experience a natural whale encounter – swimming with minke whales.
We’ve created a vacation package that takes care of all the moving parts to get you to Australia to swim with whales. All you need is to bring your sense of adventure.
Take the plunge and come face to face with these majestic creatures of the deep. After all, the best place to see whales is under the water!
Swim with Minke Whales in the Great Barrier Reef with this Incredible Australia Vacation Deal!
The Great Barrier Reef is home to many migrating whales, including the dwarf minke whale. Getting in the water to see these whales up close has become a popular bucket list item, from snorkeling with whales to scuba diving. But the best part is you don’t need to be a diving expert to do it!
This is where you’ll begin your Whale Swim Australia vacation, in Cairns – gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. You’ll stay 1 night in a fabulous 4-star hotel where the tropical vibes instantly put you into holiday mode. Explore the Cairns Esplanade Lagoon, just a short walk from your accommodation. This man-made lagoon, surrounded by carefully manicured lawns, is the hang out spot for both locals and travelers alike. Dip into the crystal clear waters and enjoy the warm Australian sun. Rest up before your liveaboard adventure the next day.
Ready for the trip of a lifetime?
Swim with Whales at the Great Barrier Reef
Get your swim suit and goggles ready! The next morning you’ll board a vessel to begin your journey to the Great Barrier Reef.
Don your wetsuit and diving gear – it’s time for some dives! You’ll enjoy two dives before reaching your new home for the next 4 nights – the liveaboard diving vessel. Your spacious and comfortable cabin is equipped with air conditioning and private bathroom facilities. Your days on this liveaboard vessel will be filled with some of the most exotic sights and experiences of the reef, including swimming with minke whales.
- Enjoy up to 4 dives each day with included night dives at untouched reef sites such as Norman Reef, Ribbon Reefs and Steve’s Bommie.
- Get up close to minke whales at Light House Bommie, where a group leader will take you into the waters as the whales approach to meet you.
- Replenish your energy with all meals included daily, with tropical lunch buffets offering a choice for everyone and complimentary tea, coffee and water also available.
- Take a break from scuba diving and take to snorkeling to see the iridescent coral and fish along the reefs.
- Not much of a diver? This liveaboard expedition also accommodates snorkelers and introductory divers. You don’t need to be a pro to experience the reef’s greatest treasures!
On this liveaboard expedition, the ocean is your playground and the Great Barrier Reef is your neighborhood. Meeting the minke whales and other incredible marine life might be the most pleasant neighborhood meet-and-greet ever!
Explore Tropical Cairns
After your diving adventure you’ll head back to Cairns for 2 nights. You’ll stay in the same accommodation as your first night to help you regain your bearings after your liveaboard expedition and ensure an excellent 4.5-star stay in the heart of Cairns. The main shopping district, Reef Hotel Casino, Cairns Esplanade and Trinity Harbour are right at your doorstep for easily accessible adventures.
On your free days in Cairns you might like to:
- Explore the Daintree Rainforest, the oldest rainforest in the world. This World Heritage-listed wonder offers walks, guided tours, wildlife spotting and educational exhibits to learn more about the cultural heritage and importance of this region.
- See the tropics from above on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
- Join a Cape Tribulation safari to see where two World Heritage sites, the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, meet. Learn about the wildlife, explore the beaches and admire the coastline on this guided eco-tour.
Set in one of most unique regions on Earth, Cairns is the perfect base for exploring the natural wonders of the world.
You’ve seen the Great Barrier Reef, swam with creatures of the deep and explored the tropical oasis of Cairns – now get ready for Sydney!
Fall in Love with Sydney
After relaxing in the tropics you’ll head to Sydney, Australia’s famous harbor city. This sun-kissed city is the envy of harbor cities around the world, framed by unspoiled beaches and iconic cityscapes. You’ll stay 3 nights in a stylish and comfortable accommodation conveniently located in Darling Harbour, the perfect base for exploring the city.
Included in this package is a tour of the iconic Sydney Opera House, where you’ll learn about the controversial history of this architectural masterpiece. With six venues beneath its looming sails, there might be a rock concert, opera performance, classical music showcase and a ballet going on all at once!
Your last day in Sydney is free to discover the city’s endless charms. There’s always a spot to roll out a towel on one of its gorgeous beaches, or explore the fantastic food scene at waterfront restaurants and cozy eateries tucked within the city’s central lanes. You may like to:
- Get your hands on a Sydney Harbour Cruise Pass for a hop on hop off cruise along the harbor. When in one of the world’s top harbor cities, a cruise is a must! Stop at sites such as Manly Beach, Taronga Zoo, Luna Park, Circular Quay and much more.
- Travel back in time to pre-European settler days and learn about the Aboriginal culture of the region on a tour of the Rocks District. Learn about the Sydney Dreamtime Symbology and living wisdoms tying in Sydney’s landscape to its ancient culture.
- Take in panoramic views of the city and across the harbor on an exhilarating Sydney Harbour Bridge climb! On this unforgettable climb, you’ll scale all the way to the top of the bridge with an expert guide leading you every step of the way.
In Sydney, one moment you can be strolling through towering buildings and bustling lanes, and the next you’ll see a clearing of glistening water stretching into the ocean.
However you choose to spend your time in Sydney, we’re sure you’ll want your time Down Under to never end.
The best part? You didn’t have to stress out about your trip by planning a single thing. Our Destination Specialists can help you arrange a trip with all the necessary parts – the flights to get you to Australia, the hotels, the transfers and the swimming with whales liveaboard expedition. Contact us to start planning your Australia trip today!
*Terms & Conditions:
|About Australia is proud to be an ARC Accredited Agency, part of the most select group of dedicated professionals in the U.S. travel industry recognized as having met stringent financial, personnel, and security requirements. About Australia’s ARC # 45581863|