Luxury Food & Wine Trip | Tasmania Gourmet Sampler + Reef & Rainforest
12 Days Tasmania Gourmet Sampler + Reef & Rainforest from $7,775*
- 12 Days/ 10 Nights, Australia
- Free and Independent Travel (Not a Group Tour)
- Fully Customizable to Your Needs
- 5-Star Accommodation: Melbourne (1 Night), Hobart (3), Freycinet (1), Launceston (1), Port Douglas (4)
- Australian Domestic Flights: Melbourne to Hobart, Launceston to Cairns, Cairns to Brisbane
- Tours Included:
- 6 Day Private Gourmet Tour of Tasmania
- Knowledgeable and friendly local guide
- 5 Lunches, 5 Breakfasts
- Transportation in private vehicle throughout Tasmania
- MONA, Moorilla & Lunch at the Source
- Deep Cut Crystal Tour
- Russell Falls, Horseshoe Falls and the Tall Trees
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Tasmanian Seafood Seduction Cruise (Shared)
- Joseph Chromy Sparkling Wine Experience
- Food & Wine Tastings
- Bruny Island, Berry Farm, Freycinet National Park, Wineglass Bay, Cataract Gorge & More
- 6 Day Private Gourmet Tour of Tasmania
- Private Car Transfers – Melbourne Airport to Accommodation (Return), Cairns Airport to Port Douglas Accommodation (Return)
- International Flights: Los Angeles to Melbourne, Brisbane to Los Angeles. Not Included, please inquire for current sale pricing.
- US Domestic Flights: Are not included, but can be included on request.
To Book: 888-359-2877 (M-F, 8:30am-5pm CT USA)
Booking Code: LH-TW1
Do you remember your last wine tasting on vacation?
You planned ahead, researched a few wineries, booked a flight and made it to your destination ready to relax with a glass of wine.
But your work didn’t end there. Next, you stood in your hotel lobby, double checking tour recommendations, opening hours and prices. Not to mention places to eat along the way. Then you had to orchestrate a way to actually get to wine country, whether it was navigating unfamiliar public transportation or figuring out how to rent a car. It all felt like a total shot in the dark!
That’s where we come in. We know where to send you and how to get you there, worry free. From start to finish, we put the pieces together and put the wheels in motion; all you need to do is enjoy the ride.
We’ve put together the perfect luxury package for those who want their vacation stress free in the heart of Australia’s most pristine landscapes, premium wine regions and vibrant tropics.
Your first day in Australia takes you to Melbourne, one of the world’s top rated destinations for all things food, art and music. And if you need a caffeinated wake-up call after landing, Melbourne’s sensational coffee will dawn on the realization that you’ve never truly tasted coffee until now.
With high rises set against sumptuous parks on the banks of the Yarra River, a closer look into the city reveals a network of walkable cobbled lanes studded with hidden bars, restaurants and boutique shops, delightfully reminiscent of European laneways.
But Melbourne’s scene is on a class all its own. On your free afternoon you might like to discover the city’s best local gems on a guided tour of its secret laneways and historic shopping plazas, often missed by most tourists. By the end of this tour you’ll become a local before the sun even sets on your first night in Australia.
Although just an hour’s flight from Melbourne, most locals have never set foot in Tasmania. Its isolation off Australia’s southern coast has allowed its pristine wilderness and wildlife to remain untouched for years. With the cleanest air in the world, it’s no wonder Tasmanian food and wine flourishes with an impeccable quality.
The untapped world of Tasmania’s gourmet food, wine and natural delights awaits on a boutique 6-day Tasmania tour. Coupled with resplendent accommodations, included food and wine tastings and uniquely “Tassie” experiences, this guided tour promises an exceptional journey in Australia’s island state.
You’ll first arrive at Hobart, Tasmania’s harbor capital. Nestled against the clean waterways of the Derwent River, Hobart is primed for
fresh seafood, premium whiskey and exquisite wines. Your tour guide will meet you at the airport and take you on a day of art, food and wine in Hobart’s Moorilla Estate and the internationally renowned Museum of New and Modern Art (Mona). Taste wines from Moorilla’s three distinct series – Praxis, Muse and Cloth Label – and enjoy an indulgent 2-course lunch with matched wines. Receive a packaged bottle of wine from the Muse series to take back home with you.
In 1798, English sailor George Bass remarked that the “stiff close soil” around the Derwent as suited for growing grape vines, now dotted with vineyards, orchards and hop fields. The next day your tour continues through the picturesque Derwent Valley to Mount Field National Park, Tasmania’s first national park.
- Walk beneath enormous fern canopies and some of the world’s tallest flowering trees.
- See the cascading skirts of Russell Falls, a breathtaking tiered waterfall.
- Enjoy a stunning menu of local produce at the Agrarian Kitchen Eatery in New Norfolk.
- Visit the Tasmanian devils, wombats and quolls at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary and hand-feed kangaroos.
As Tasmania is one of the world’s major fish suppliers, you’ll be enjoying the freshest seafood imaginable. The next day you’ll cruise out to Bruny Island, a destination of spectacular landscapes and gourmet local produce. Taste abalone, oysters, sea urchin and lobster plucked straight from the sea, paired with local wines for a succulent seafood feast. Return for your last evening in Hobart before setting out to the Freycinet Peninsula.
With nearly 4,000 acres of vineyards, Tasmania is home to some of the richest wines on the planet. Your next day takes you to Tasmania’s white sand and lichen-speckled east coast, through coastal towns and cellar doors showcasing Tasmania’s best cool-climate wines. Stop at award-winning Bream Creek vineyard at Marion Bay to taste exceptional Pinot Noir and Sparkling.
After wine tastings and lunch, explore the ancient bushland atop the pink granite peaks of Freycinet National Park, edged by bays with sparkling turquoise waters. Embark on the rewarding hike to Wineglass Bay lookout for arresting views over one of the world’s top rated beaches.
It’s your final full day of your Tasmania tour, and we’ve saved the best for last. Blending together the romance of riverfront vineyards, historic towns and outstanding local produce, Tamar Valley awaits to share its fruits as Tasmania’s premier wine region.
- Taste award-winning Sparkling and learn the methods behind winemaking at Josef Chromy Wines.
- Work with the vintners to create your own bottle of Sparkling.
- Enjoy a vineyard lunch featuring local ingredients, matched with wines.
Your journey sampling Tasmania’s food, wine and wilderness ends in Launceston, a city perfectly capturing the region’s natural beauty, historic splendor and a passion for only the best of Tasmania’s culinary delights. After this indulgent trail you’ll head back to mainland Australia for a relaxing getaway in the tropics.
Affectionately called “Port” by the locals, Port Douglas is where Australians escape for a retreat in tropical seclusion. Hidden beneath an endless canopy of palm trees, the tropical lifestyle of Port Douglas is all about the verdant Daintree Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef. Enjoy 4 nights in a gorgeous bungalow nestled within the tropical rainforest. With guided wildlife and nature walks, buggy transfers and direct beach access included, you just might never leave your resort.
But with the natural wonders of the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest at your doorstep, exploring these treasures with optional tours is a must.
- Join a cruise to the Great Barrier Reef for a day of snorkeling the underwater marine wonders beneath the sea.
- Take an intimately guided expedition into the Daintree Rainforest and learn about this important natural environment – part of the oldest rainforest system in the world.
- Explore the rainforest wilderness of Cape Tribulation, where the Daintree Rainforest meets the Great Barrier Reef. Take a guided tour to visit the highlights of this unique region.
After breathing in the pristine Tasmanian air, tasting fine Australian wines and rejuvenating in the world’s most unique tropical destinations, you’ll wonder if any other vacation will surpass this experience.
And if you want to see more of Australia, we can customize this trip itinerary to include more of what you want to see, or less of what you don’t. An extra few nights in Sydney or additional tours on your free days might transform your trip into a dream vacation.
As your experts in Australia travel, we’ll create the perfect trip with your unique interests and style in mind. Contact us today to start planning your vacation to Australia!
Travel Agency Reviews
Fabulous trip to Australia and New Zealand. We asked for photography opportunities-- landscape and wildlife and that's just what we got at a reasonable price. Ana was with us every step of the way to include during the trip, when a hotel owner thought we had unintentionally left things in a room. Amazing service-- friendly, efficient and spot on. Thank you to Ana and to the owner, Paul, too, for their minding reading abilities. :-)
Everything was perfect for our trip. Everything I wanted to see and the package Chris put together was perfect. It was action packed but got to see everything we wanted to see. Working with About Australia was smooth and an easy process. Chris spend a lot of time putting the package together and we couldn't be more pleased. All the hotels were in great locations for us to visit the sites. Can't thank you enough for the best vacation ever.
I was particularly pleased with how smoothly all the transportation and tour arrangements went. We never had a problem or question about shuttles and everyone was expecting us when we arrived. The trip was fantastic and I wish it could have been longer.
*Terms & Conditions:
|About Australia is proud to be an ARC Accredited Agency, part of the most select group of dedicated professionals in the U.S. travel industry recognized as having met stringent financial, personnel, and security requirements. About Australia’s ARC # 45581863|