Luxury Food & Wine Vacation | Tasmania Gourmet Food, Wine & Wilderness + Reef & Rainforest
15 Days Tasmania Food, Wine & Wilderness + Reef & Rainforest from $9,475*
- 12 Days/ 10 Nights, Australia
- Free and Independent Travel (Not a Group Tour)
- Fully Customizable to Your Needs
- 4-5 Star Accommodation: Melbourne (1 Night), Cradle Mountain (2), Launceston (1), Freycinet (2), Tasman Peninsula (1), Hobart (2), Port Douglas (4)
- Australian Domestic Flights: Melbourne to Launceston, Hobart to Cairns, Cairns to Brisbane
- Tours Included:
- 7 Day Private Cradle Mountain & Tasmania Gourmet Trail Tour
- Knowledgeable and friendly local guide
- 6 Lunches, 6 Breakfasts
- Transportation in private vehicle throughout Tasmania
- Cradle Mountain National Park
- Wildlife in the Wild
- Cataract Gorge
- Parks & Gardens
- Boag’s Brewery Tour
- Tamar Valley Wine Tour
- Truffle Farm Tour
- Whisky Tastings
- Coal River Valley Wine
- Port Arthur
- Richmond Village
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Wine & Food Tastings
- MONA & Moorilla POSH-AS Day Out
- Return ferry transfers in the ‘Posh Pit’ ex Hobart
- MONA entry
- 2 course lunch with 2 glasses of wine
- Private guided vineyard and winery tour
- Tutored wine tasting
- Bottle of wine to take home
- 7 Day Private Cradle Mountain & Tasmania Gourmet Trail Tour
- Private Car Transfers – Melbourne Airport to Accommodation (Return), Cairns Airport to Port Douglas Accommodation (Return)
- International Flights: Los Angeles to Melbourne, Brisbane to Los Angeles. Not Included, please inquire for current sale pricing.
- US Domestic Flights: Are not included, but can be included on request.
To Book: 888-359-2877 (M-F, 8:30am-5pm CT USA)
Booking Code: LH-TW2
What do you want to do on your next vacation?
Are you struggling to choose between a wine tasting vacation or touring historic landmarks? Do you want to visit internationally renowned cities and iconic landmarks? See spectacular natural wonders and World Heritage listed sites?
How about doing them ALL?
With this Luxury Food and Wine Vacation, you’ll see Australia’s natural treasures and taste premium food and wine all in one incredible trip!
Your first day in Australia takes you to Melbourne, Australia’s most stylish city, with a passion for food and wine, a vibrant arts scene and home to the nation’s major events and festivals.
A closer look into the city reveals a network of cobbled lanes studded with secret bars, hidden restaurants and boutique shops, delightfully reminiscent of European laneways.
But Melbourne’s scene is on a class all its own. On your free afternoon you might like to discover the city’s best local spots on a guided tour of its secret laneways and historic shopping plazas, often missed by tourists. You’ll become a local before the sun sets on your first night in Australia.
Although just an hour’s flight from Melbourne, most Australians have never set foot in Tasmania. Its isolation off Australia’s southern coast has allowed its wildlife and untamed wilderness to remain pristine for years. With the cleanest air and water in the world, it’s no wonder Tasmanian food and wine flourishes with an impeccable quality.
The untapped world of Tasmania’s gourmet food, wine and natural delights awaits on a boutique 7-day Tasmania tour. Coupled with resplendent accommodations, included food and wine tastings and uniquely “Tassie” experiences, this private tour promises an exceptional journey in Australia’s island state.
You’ll first arrive in Launceston, Tasmania’s second largest city, where your tour guide will meet you at the airport to begin your Tasmania adventure.
From Launceston you will journey to World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain National Park, where you will spend 2 nights. When Australian naturalist and conservationist Gustav Weindorfer stood on the summit of Cradle Mountain, he proclaimed it, “A national park for the people for all time. It is magnificent, and people must know about it and enjoy it.”
- Enjoy an introduction to this fascinating alpine environment.
- Experience breathtaking views of mirror lakes and majestic mountains.
- Spot wombats, echidnas and wallabies trudging out from the bushland.
As the sun sets, witness the breathtaking stillness of a star-laden sky, crystal clear in the Tasmanian night.
After your Cradle Mountain adventure you’ll return to Launceston. Nestled along the scenic Tamar River, Launceston is a blend of natural beauty, historic Victorian architecture and a passion for only the best of Tasmania’s food and wine.
Its country charm is heightened by gourmet food and award-winning wines produced by the neighboring Tamar Valley, Tasmania’s premium wine region. Exceptional wines, artisanal cheeses, craft beer, truffles and other delicacies are at your fingertips, waiting to be tasted.
- Begin your day exploring the scenic Cataract Gorge Reserve, a unique natural reserve along the Tamar River with walking tracks, a swimming pool, a café and restaurant, and the world’s longest single span chairlift.
- Enjoy a beer at Boag’s Brewery on a tour unveiling the secrets of beer brewing at one of Tasmania’s oldest and best breweries.
- Meander through the Tamar Valley wine region before settling into your accommodation for the evening.
The next day your journey takes you across vineyards and local producers of the east coast to Freycinet National Park. Enjoy a range of produce, learn about local truffle farming, and try some of Tasmania’s fresh berries. Settle into a vineyard lunch and wine tasting at Josef Chromy Wines, noted for its award-winning Sparkling and Pinot Noir.
The next morning head to Wineglass Bay in Freycinet. White sand beaches and pristine turquoise waters glimmer against pink granite cliffs surrounding this coastal national park. Walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout for stunning views of this world-renowned beach. Lunch with a view is served at Devil’s Corner Cellar Door and Lookout, famed for its gorgeous views across Moulting Lagoon to the Hazards Range.
After exploring Freycinet, your tour takes you to the Tasman Peninsula off the eastern coast of Tasmania.
- Enjoy a scenic coastal drive before stopping at a local whisky distillery for a tour and tastings.
- Indulge in a relaxing lunch at Bangor Wine & Oyster Shed, combining cool climate wines and local produce.
- Visit Port Arthur and hear the story of Tasmania’s famous UNESCO World Heritage listed Convict settlement.
It’s the last day of your guided tour, where you will journey to Hobart, the capital of Tasmania. Begin with a visit to fascinating geological features of the Tasman Peninsula, such as Devil’s Kitchen and Tasman Arch. Continue to the award-winning Coal River Valley wine region, spread with quaint heritage towns and small, boutique vineyards.
Explore the charming village of Richmond, where you will enjoy a 3-course lunch and wine tasting at Frogmore Creek vineyard. After lunch, the wine continues to flow with tastings at award-winning Domaine A Vineyard and Nocton Vineyard. End your day with a visit to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary to meet Tasmanian devils, wombats, wallabies, quolls and other native wildlife, before continuing on to Hobart.
Set on the estuary of River Derwent at the foot of Mount Wellington, Hobart’s fascinating heritage is on display through its Colonial-style architecture and Georgian sandstone warehouses.
Hobart is also home to one of the world’s most unique and controversial art museums – the Museum of Old and New Art (Mona). Its eccentric vibe draw visitors from around the world to view its exhibits, ranging from modern masterpieces to the macabre abstract. Featuring a haute-cuisine restaurant, onsite Moorilla winery and vineyard, a day out at Mona is easily turned into a day of well-deserved indulgence.
Get right to the heart of Mona with a “Posh As Day Out” experience, a day of wine, food and art for a super luxe day of indulgence. Explore the museum before enjoying a private tour of Moorilla winery with tastings and a two-course lunch paired with wines from Moorilla’s Cloth Label and Muse Series. Every sip, nibble and glimpse within Mona showcases why this spectacular museum is at the helm of Hobart’s food, wine and art scene.
Shake off the Tasmanian chill from your bones and warm up to the tropics of Australia in Port Douglas. Affectionately called “Port” by the locals, Port Douglas is where Australians escape for a tropical retreat. Hidden beneath an canopy of swaying palm trees, the tropical lifestyle of Port Douglas is all about the lush Daintree Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef.
Enjoy 4 nights in a gorgeous rainforest bungalow. With guided wildlife and nature walks, buggy transfers and direct beach access included, you just might never leave your resort.
But with the natural wonders of the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest at your doorstep, exploring these treasures with optional tours is a must.
- Join a Great Barrier Reef cruise for a day of snorkeling the underwater wonders beneath the sea.
- Take an intimately guided expedition into the Daintree Rainforest and learn about the flora, fauna and indigenous stories of this important natural environment – part of the oldest rainforest system in the world.
- Explore the rainforest wilderness of Cape Tribulation, where the Daintree Rainforest meets the Great Barrier Reef – the only place on Earth where two World-Heritage listed sites meet. Take a guided tour to visit the highlights of this unique region.
After breathing in the crisp Tasmanian air, tasting premium Australian wines and rejuvenating in the world’s most unique tropical destinations, you’ll wonder if any other vacation will ever surpass this.
And if you want to see more of Australia, we can customize this trip itinerary to include more destinations, extra free days, or different tours. An extra few nights in Sydney or additional tours on your free days might transform your trip into a dream vacation.
As your experts in Australia travel, we’ll create the perfect trip with your unique interests and style in mind. Contact us today to start planning your vacation to Australia!
Travel Agency Reviews
The paper work including what to do pre trip was great, Australia is a long way so Ana extended my return an extra 10 days so I could have more time with son and visit Tasmania. For my return next year I plan on using their services .
Jeanne and I highly recommend a trip to Australia and to use About Australia for your arrangements! Everything they recommended we tried to fit into our schedule and it was well worth it. We especially loved Cairns and snorkeling on the Barrier Reef and hope to go back again at some point to spend more time there. One day on the water was not enough!
All of our flight arrangements made by About Australia were good except our return flight from Sydney to San Francisco. Qantas changed the(...)
Our first trip to AUSTRALIA did not disappoint! Our Itinarary was perfect for us Alaskan adventurers! A well rounded trip from Sydney to Cairns and so much in between. We hiked in the Blue Mountains and swam at Lake Eacham walked amongst the kangaroo s and Cockatoo s and held the precious Koala bears. We romped in the rain forest and stayed at Rose Gums enjoyed the 3 bedroom treehouse with all the creature comforts! On to Port Douglas and the Great Barrier Reef a life long memory to say(...)
This was the most hassle-free vacation I've ever been on. We didn't communicate with the About Australia group very much before the trip simply because we didn't have to. They had all of our travel documents completely organized and squared away. To be honest, I was a little nervous checking into our first hotel in Melbourne simply because I never confirmed that we had a reservation. We didn't have to. Everything at every hotel was set and we didn't have any trouble at all. All of(...)
*Terms & Conditions:
|About Australia is proud to be an ARC Accredited Agency, part of the most select group of dedicated professionals in the U.S. travel industry recognized as having met stringent financial, personnel, and security requirements. About Australia’s ARC # 45581863|