Australia Vacation Deal | Melbourne, Great Barrier Reef & Sydney Vacation
9 Days Melbourne, Cairns and Sydney with Flights on Qantas
Depart San Francisco or Los Angeles from $1,675*
- 9 Days/ 7 Nights, Australia
- International Flights on Qantas: San Francisco or Los Angeles to Melbourne, Sydney to San Francisco or Los Angeles
- Australia Domestic Flights: Melbourne to Cairns, Cairns to Sydney
- 4-Star Accommodation: Melbourne (3 Nights), Cairns (2), Sydney (2)
- US Domestic Flights: Add-ons are available
Discounted Tour & Transfer Package!
Add $400+ to include:
- Melbourne: Foodie Walking Tour & Phillip Island Wildlife Tour with upgraded viewing platform (Small Group)
- Cairns: Great Barrier Reef Cruise and Snorkel (Great Barrier Reef Cruise w/ Snorkeling & Non-swimmer Activities available for an additional $25)
- Sydney: 2-Day Hop On, Hop Off Harbour Cruise Pass
- Return Shuttle Airport Transfers
+Lowest price can be found departing the USA April 1 – May 19, 2019.
Discounted Extended Stay Package!
Add $150+ to include:
- 1 Additional Night in Cairns
- 1 Additional Night in Sydney
+Lowest price can be found departing the USA April 1 – May 19, 2019.
Add $550+ to include:
- Discounted Tour & Transfer Package
- Discounted Extended Stay Package
+Lowest price can be found departing the USA April 1 – April 14 & April 20 – May 19, 2019.
To Book: 888-359-2877 (M-F, 8:30am-5pm CT USA)
Permitted US Departure: Select Dates February 2 – May 23, 2019, except where noted.
Blackout: March 10 – March 16, 2019
Booking Code: ST-QV1
Book By: October 19, 2018
Travel Agency Reviews
We are just back from our Australian visit and we had a wonderful time.
This was our first time traveling to Australia. We had no experience from which to build a plan of where to go, what to do, or how to efficiently organize or sequence our trip. As a result, we worked with Marissa Stroud of “About Australia” who was very attentive and responsive even when we asked questions and sought clarifications after working hours and during weekends.
All her suggestions and vouchers worked(...)
We really enjoyed our Australia vacation, especially our visits to Sydney, Melbourne, and Port Douglas. Everything went smoothly - no problems with travel arrangements, and the accommodations were comfortable and spacious. Our snorkel/scuba trip to the Great Barrier Reef was wonderful. Thanks to About Australia for helping us plan the trip of a lifetime!
My trip to Australia was an unforgettable experience. We went to Tasmania, Melbourne, Kangaroo Island, Adelaide, Cairns and Sydney in 2 weeks. Everything was well coordinated through About Australia. No issues on the reservations. Great experience and highly recommendable. I worked with Frank Marroquin and everything was perfect.
We just got back from a fantastic trip to Australia! We loved it all. I was apprehensive at first about not having a guide with us all the time, but was grateful for the freedom it gave us and the opportunity to really explore the three cities. The Hotel locations were right in the center of town. Once oriented to the location it was easy to get to anything we wanted to see. This was especially true of Melbourne where the intra city trams were free and the cost for a day pass to go(...)
The whole process was so painless... all we had to do was get excited about the trip! We visited Sydney, Port Douglas, Ayers Rock, and Melbourne and they were all fantastic. Would defiantly use About Australia for future adventures.
I did so much and more outside of my package. I especially had so much fun in Melbourne at the Australian open. I attended more days than I paid for. I did Puffing Billy along with a drive around the Yara River along with 3 wineries. Lunch was great! The hotel in Melbourne was ok but understandable because they are undergoing remolding and construction. I also visited the Melbourne Aquarium along with many stops at art galleries.
Sydney was amazing! The hotel was great! I did so much more(...)
Sun-Kissed Beaches, Urban Delights and World-Renowned Landmarks….
the Best of Australia’s Icons in One Trip!
We know the secret to a longer life.
It’s found in the promise of unique experiences in a foreign country. It’s found in the exciting challenges of navigating a place you’ve never traveled before. Studies repeatedly show that travel can lead to a longer life and, in fact, seem to slow down time.
And what better way to live a longer life than a trip exploring the incredible contrasts of Australia?
When you travel Down Under, you’re traveling through a perfect blend of sun-kissed beaches and world-class cities. The vibrancy emanating from these cities, metropolitan paradises with coastal splendors tucked within, is a uniquely Australian vibe found nowhere else in the world. A vibe most only dream about experiencing.
Start living the dream and experience the best of Australia with our Melbourne, Great Barrier Reef & Sydney Vacation!
Traveling to Australia couldn’t be easier when you fly with Qantas! You’ll experience the best of Australia from the moment you step on board with warm and friendly Aussie hospitality and outstanding inflight cuisine across all cabins designed by renowned Australian chef and restaurateur, Neil Perry. Relax with more than 1,500 on demand entertainment options and the generous checked baggage allowance ensuring you can carry all you need on your Australian vacation.
For more comfort, fly in the dedicated Premium Economy cabin with its attentive cabin crew and extra space or stretch out in International Business on the fully-flat Skybed (and slip into a stylish pair of Qantas pajamas). For the ultimate luxury, experience First Class with your own personal suite, an eight-course tasting menu and award-winning Australian wines chosen by Qantas’ Sommeliers in the Sky.
Begin your vacation in Melbourne, Australia’s undisputed cool kid. Here, enjoying the finer things in life is not reserved for a special occasion – it’s simply the way of life. A passion for all things art, music and food touches every corner of the city – even the coffee is blended with an artful flourish that will raise your standards to an unparalleled level.
You’ll spend 3 nights in a 4-star apartment-style hotel located in the heart of the city. There’s an unmistakably European feel about the city, with a whole world of vibrant cafes, restaurants, coffee shops and bars tucked within its central laneways. Discover the best of these hidden gems on an optional indulgent foodie walk, guided by a local in the know of Melbourne’s secret hot spots. You won’t find these treasures in a guide book.
The rest of your days are free to explore Melbourne, and soon you’ll see why it’s considered Australia’s most stylish city. You may want to:
- Go gallery hopping and explore Melbourne’s art district with a stop at the National Gallery of Victoria. You can easily spend a whole day exploring its impressive collections contemporary art, antiquities from around the world and Australian masterpieces.
- Visit Phillip Island, where you can meet an array of native Australian wildlife at the Koala Conservation Centre and Seal Rock Centre. Catch the famous Phillip Island Fairy penguins as they return home to their burrows in Summerland Beach on a wonderful penguin parade.
- Take in Australia’s breathtaking coastal views on the Great Ocean Road. Pass through uninterrupted beaches, coastal towns and incredible rock formations with stops to admire the unique beauty of each spot, all perfect scenes straight out of a postcard.
The exciting energy pulsing through Melbourne will captivate the heart of any city lover. You’ll be dreaming of this dynamic city for days to come.
Ready for some sunshine?
From Melbourne you’ll head to Cairns, the gateway to Australia’s tropical north. Here, suits and ties are exchanged for shorts and sunglasses. Days feel like an extended happy hour and lively nights are primed for exploring trendy eateries. You’ll spend 2 nights in a 4.5-star accommodation located in the heart of Cairns, where laid-back vibes and heady tropical atmosphere will instantly put you into holiday mode. The main shopping district, Reef Hotel Casino, Cairns Esplanade and Trinity Harbour are right at your doorstep.
And right on Cairns’ doorstep is the Great Barrier Reef, one of the world’s most treasured natural assets. On your free days in Cairns you might like to take an optional excursion out to the reef and explore the otherworldly sights of this underwater wonderland. Discover spectacular coral formations, gliding sea turtles and reef fish glimmering with vibrant colors through the clear waters of the reef.
Upgrade your reef adventure with scuba diving excursions – no experience necessary! Not much of a swimmer? Get up close and personal with the reef without getting your hair wet on a helmet dive. Or view the reef from the comfort of a semi-submersible or glass bottom boat and marvel at the aquatic world below the water.
No trip to Cairns is complete without seeing the Great Barrier Reef. Don’t miss this must-do on your trip Down Under!
You’ve seen glamorous Melbourne and the tropical oasis of Cairns – now get ready for the perfect blend of city and coastal splendor in Sydney.
After relaxing in the tropics you’ll head to Sydney, Australia’s famous harbor city. As your plane descends and you catch your first glimpse of the Opera House sails, gleaming against the sparkling harbor, you’ll be absolutely captivated. This sun-kissed city is the envy of harbor cities around the world, framed by unspoiled beaches and iconic cityscapes. You’ll stay 2 nights in a stylish and comfortable accommodation conveniently located between Darling Harbour and the Sydney central business district, the perfect base for exploring the city.
Your days are free to discover Sydney’s endless charms. There’s always a spot to roll out a towel on one of its gorgeous beaches. Explore the fantastic food scene at waterfront restaurants and cozy eateries tucked within the city’s central lanes. You may like to:
- Get your hands on a Sydney Harbour Cruise Pass for a hop on hop off cruise along the harbor. When in one of the world’s top harbor cities, a cruise is a must! Stop at sites such as Manly Beach, Taronga Zoo, Luna Park, Circular Quay and much more.
- Tour the Sydney Opera House and learn about the controversial history of this architectural masterpiece. With six venues beneath its looming sails, there might be a rock concert, opera performance, classical music showcase and a ballet going on all at once!
- Travel back in time to pre-European settler days and learn about the Aboriginal culture of the region on a tour of the Rocks District. Learn about the Sydney Dreamtime Symbology and living wisdoms tying in Sydney’s landscape to its ancient culture.
- Take in panoramic views of the city and across the harbor on an exhilarating Sydney Harbour Bridge climb! On this unforgettable climb, you’ll scale all the way to the top of the bridge with an expert guide leading you every step of the way.
In Sydney, one moment you can be strolling through towering buildings and bustling lanes, and the next you’ll see a clearing of glistening water stretching into the ocean.
However you choose to spend your time in Sydney, we’re sure you’ll want your time Down Under to never end.
The best part? You didn’t have to stress out about your trip by planning a single thing. Putting together all the parts of a trip to the other side of the world can be overwhelming. From booking flights and hotels to communicating with shuttle services and tours, making sure everything goes smoothly can be a full-job.
Luckily, that is our full-time job! As experts in Australian travel, we put trips like these together all day. From the moment you speak to our Destination Specialists to your plane touching down back home after your vacation, we’ll make sure every aspect of your trip goes without a hitch. Let’s begin your Australian journey today!
*Terms & Conditions:
|About Australia is proud to be an ARC Accredited Agency, part of the most select group of dedicated professionals in the U.S. travel industry recognized as having met stringent financial, personnel, and security requirements. About Australia’s ARC # 45581863|