Wine Vacation Deal | Tasmania Wine & Australian Icons
11 Days Tasmania Wine & Australian Icons from $1,695*
- 11 Days/ 9 Nights, Australia
- Free and Independent Travel (Not a Group Tour)
- Fully Customizable to Your Needs
- Accommodation: Melbourne (1 Night), Launceston (2), Hobart (3), Cairns (3)
- Australian Domestic Flights: Melbourne to Launceston, Hobart to Cairns, Cairns to Brisbane
- Tours Included:
- Launceston, Tasmania: Behind the Label at Josef Chromy
- Launceston to Hobart via Wineglass Bay Nature Tour
- Hobart: Wine Meets Art Tour & Taste at Moorilla and MONA
- Shuttle Transfers: Melbourne Airport to Accommodation (Return), Launceston Airport to Accommodation, Cairns Airport to Accommodation (Return)
- Private Transfer: Hobart Accommodation to Airport
- International Flights: Los Angeles to Melbourne, Brisbane to Los Angeles, Not Included, please inquire for current sale pricing.
- US Domestic Flights: Are not included, but can be included on request.
To Book: 888-359-2877 (M-F, 8:30am-5pm CT USA)
Permitted USA Departure Dates: Select Dates March 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021.
Booking Code: ST-TW1
Deal Expires March 27, 2020
When was the last time you enjoyed the finer things in life?
Was it a glass of wine with a bite of cheese, or a nibble of chocolate? A stroll through untouched nature, listening to uninterrupted birdsong and the rustle of leaves?
You take a moment here and there to indulge yourself. But now is the moment to indulge every sense and embark on a journey of exquisite experiences.
That is what Australia promises.
With burgeoning food and wine destinations, world-renowned museums and nature unlike anywhere else on Earth, Australia invites you to live like every day is a moment of indulgence. Sample the best of Australia with our Tasmania Wine & Australian Icons vacation package!
Start your trip with a night in Melbourne, a city where cultural pursuits are woven into the fabric of everyday life. Its exquisite food and coffee scene sets trends around the world. Local art galleries are supported by world-class museums and venues, drawing visitors from all over the globe. Your night in Melbourne allows you to dip your toes into the scene, sure to leave you wanting more.
The next morning you’ll board a quick flight to Launceston. This is Tasmania’s second largest city, and one of Australia’s oldest settlements.
Nestled along the scenic Tamar River, Launceston is a blend of natural beauty, historic Victorian architecture and a passion for only the best of Tasmania’s food and wine.
Its country charm is heightened by gourmet food and award-winning wines produced by the neighboring Tamar Valley, Tasmania’s premium wine region. Exceptional wines, artisanal cheeses, craft beer, truffles and other delicacies are at your fingertips, waiting to be tasted.
With the Tamar River streaming serenely past vineyards, estates and pastures, you’ll feel transported into a world where every day is all about the simple pleasures in life.
You’ll spend 2 nights in Launceston, with the vibrant city center at your doorstep. Your 5-star boutique accommodation sits on the banks of the Tamar River, transformed from four repurposed grain silos. Features include:
- An on-site restaurant with a “paddock to plate” menu and café
- 24 hour reception
- A day spa and gymnasium
Complemented with an industrial-chic look that emanates tasteful luxury, this accommodation feels straight out of the glossy pages of a travel magazine.
As you step outside, breathe in the clean Tasmanian air to greet an exquisite day of wine touring!
Josef Chromy Wines, just 15 minutes from Launceston, welcomes you to its Behind the Label experience. One of Australia’s Ultimate Winery Experiences, you’ll learn about the vineyard’s grapes, hear the inspiring story of founder Josef Chromy, and sample wines straight from the barrel.
Of course, the wine continues to flow as you enjoy an included 2-course lunch of Tasmanian produce paired with matching wines.
Your next day in Launceston is free to relax, indulge or explore!
- Join an optional Food and Wine tour from Launceston to visit wineries, salmon, dairy and raspberry farms and other small goods producers and enjoy their tastings.
- Visit Cataract Gorge, a unique natural reserve along the Tamar River with walking tracks, a swimming pool, a café and restaurant, and the world’s longest single span chairlift.
- Stroll down to Penny Royal, a complex of wine bars, cellar doors and restaurants with a colonial style charm.
Now it’s time to see one of Tasmania’s most spectacular natural features.
You’ll travel from Launceston to Hobart in a 1 day, small group nature tour through Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park. Traverse through pristine bushland, follow guided walking trails and be rewarded with picture-perfect views of stunning Wineglass Bay.
Arrive into Hobart just as the evening sets in. Nestled against clean waterways at the foot of majestic Mount Wellington, Hobart is primed for fresh seafood, premium whiskey and wines. Enjoy a free day to explore waterfront cafes, restaurants and art galleries where Hobart’s vibrant food and art scene thrives.
Hobart is also home to one of the world’s most unique and controversial art museums – the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA). Its playful vibe and eccentricities draw visitors from around the world to view its exhibits, ranging from modern masterpieces to the macabre abstract. Located on the banks of the River Derwent, MONA also features a haute-cuisine restaurant, Moorilla winery and vineyard.
Your second day in Hobart will take you right to the heart of MONA with a Wine Meets Art Tour and Taste experience. Explore the museum before enjoying a wine-paired lunch and private guided tour of Moorilla winery with tastings.
After your 5 day stay in Tasmania, jet off to the warm tropics of the Queensland, Australia’s sunshine state. Arrive in Cairns, the gateway city to the Great Barrier Reef, for a 3 nights stay in tropical paradise. Your days are free to explore this corner of Australia’s World Heritage-listed wonders: the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest.
- Join an optional cruise to the Great Barrier Reef for a day of snorkeling the underwater marine wonders beneath the sea.
- Explore the rainforest wilderness of Cape Tribulation, where the Daintree Rainforest meets the Great Barrier Reef. Take a guided tour to visit the highlights of this unique region.
- Relax on the Cairns Esplanade Lagoon, a man-made beach at the center of the city edged against the ocean.
Let yourself surrender to the warm vibes of Cairns, where every day feels like the weekend, and toast to the end of a rejuvenating holiday in Australia. Once you get back from your trip, you’ll be ready for anything.
Want to see more of Australia? We can customize this trip itinerary to include more of what you want to see, or less of what you don’t. That means if you want to add a few days in Sydney or visit more wineries in Tasmania, we’ll customize your itinerary to make your own unique vacation.
Putting all the parts of a trip around the world in motion can be tough. From booking flights and hotels to communicating with shuttle services and tours, making sure everything is perfect can be a full-time job.
Luckily, that is our full-time job! Give us a call today at 888-359-2877 (M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) and let us send you on the trip of a lifetime.
Travel Agency Reviews
Thank you for putting together such a great vacation for us, very professional service. We had a blast in Australia!
Great planning, awesome communication, and perfect itinerary setup by Kelsey!! Perfect hotel locations to access the wonders of each city within walking distance!!! Australia was amazing, adventurous, and relaxing!! Great job About Australia!!
Jeanne and I highly recommend a trip to Australia and to use About Australia for your arrangements! Everything they recommended we tried to fit into our schedule and it was well worth it. We especially loved Cairns and snorkeling on the Barrier Reef and hope to go back again at some point to spend more time there. One day on the water was not enough!
All of our flight arrangements made by About Australia were good except our return flight from Sydney to San Francisco. Qantas changed the(...)
Ana did a great job! In less than 3 weeks we saw the top spots ob Australia's south, middle and north. Everything was well organized, just showing the voucher and we could pass.
*Terms & Conditions:
|About Australia is proud to be an ARC Accredited Agency, part of the most select group of dedicated professionals in the U.S. travel industry recognized as having met stringent financial, personnel, and security requirements. About Australia’s ARC # 45581863|