In the space of just a few hours, you can discover many of the secrets of the Central Australian deserts with this Desert Park entry pass and accommodation transfer.
You will have the opportunity to view hundreds of species of plants and animals found across the Central Australian deserts, and experience desert habitats as they are at night with the chance to see some of the rarest animals in the wild. Take an easy walking trail through three desert habitats and discover Desert Rivers, Sand Country, and the Woodland habitats. Witness free-flying birds of prey in the nature theatre, see rare and endangered animals in the spectacular nocturnal house, and hear the insights into the interlinking world of plants, animals, and people from your knowledgeable local guides. Enjoy a cinematic journey through four-and-a-half billion years of desert evolution during the 20-minute cinematic journey of The Changing Heart. Finish the day with your transfer back to your Alice Springs accommodation.
Departs Alice Springs at 7:45am, and Returns to Alice Springs at 12:00pm
Does not operate April 7, April 10, April 25, May 1, June 12, August 7, December 23 – January 5, and January 26
Tour is 4.5 hours (approx)
– Alice Springs accommodation pick-up and drop-off
– Desert Park entry pass
Need to Know
– Children under 2 not recommended
– Bring snacks, a water bottle, wide brimmed hat, flynet, sunglasses, and sunscreen
– Wear casual and comfortable clothing (cool, light clothing is best in summer and warm clothing for winter)
– Wear strong, non-slip walking shoes
– West MacDonnell Ranges Tour
– Palm Valley 4X4 Tour
– Uluru & Kata Tjuta Tour with Sunset BBQ
– Historical Alice Tour