Visit Kakadu National Park, enjoy Arnhem Land Escarpment, take a cruise along the famous Yellow Water billabong and learn about the history of the area.
Depart the tropical city of Darwin and enter Australia’s largest national park, World Heritage-listed Kakadu National Park.
Kakadu’s vast wetlands and ancient escarpment are home to one of Australia’s largest and most diverse bird populations and carry outstanding natural and cultural significance.
At Jabiru, visit the Aboriginal Cultural Center, or for an additional cost enjoy a 50 minute scenic flight over the Arnhem Land Escarpment and take in the beauty of the region from the air.
Afterwards, join a wonderful guided cruise on famous Yellow Water billabong and keep an eye out for wildlife inhabiting the billabong and its surrounds. You may even spot crocodiles!
Then travel to Nourlangie Rock to view a variety of ancient Aboriginal rock art. On your return route to Darwin, stop at the Window on the Wetlands Visitor Centre where you have the opportunity to learn about the wildlife, seasonal changes, animal groups, and local Aboriginal and European history of the region. Relax and enjoy a complimentary glass of wine while admiring the beautiful evening view over the floodplains from the top of the Visitor Centre before returning to Darwin.
- April – November: Daily
- December – March: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday.
Need to Know
- Wear enclosed walking shoes, sunglasses, hat and sunscreen.
- Bring your own water bottle.
- Wear warm layers in cooler months.
- Low level of fitness required. Includes a 10-15 minute walk on uneven ground with a gradual climb to the viewing point.
- There is wheelchair access, however, is on uneven ground and is accessible for only a small part of the walk and must have a carer to assist.
- National Park fee i included.
Departs at 6:30am from Darwin (earlier from your hotel). Returns to Darwin at approximately 7:30pm.
- Buffet lunch.
- Yellow Water Billabong Cruise.
- Experienced driver guide.
- Comprehensive commentary.
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach.
Upgrade with a scenic flight over Arnhem Land Escarpment (additional cost).