Check out the state-of-the-art Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital, Australia’s largest and busiest wildlife hospital, where you can observe an extraordinary team of vets as they save precious wildlife right in front of your eyes.
Steve Irwin built the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital in 2004. He dedicated the hospital to his mother, Lyn, who was a pioneer in wildlife caring and dedicated her life to saving sick and injured wildlife. Take a 30 minute behind the scenes tour of this state-of-the-art facility during your visit at Australia Zoo. Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital has treated and released tens of thousands of sick or injured native animals. All money raised from this tour goes towards Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital so that the team can continue their awesome conservation work.
Daily (except Christmas Day)
10:00am (must book in advance), 2:30pm, and 3:30pm
– 30-minute tour of the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital
Need to Know
– Guests under 15 years of age must be accompanied by a paying adult
– Max number of guests on tour is 8 people
– Very limited availability, so book in advance to avoid any scheduling issues
– No food items are permitted on the tour
– Cameras may be used WITHOUT flashes
– Surgical procedures may be occurring, so tour may not be suitable for some
– Wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes
– Due to the nature of the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital, a tour may be finalized or cancelled at any point in time for the health and safety of the patients and staff
– Multiple wildlife encounters are available at the Australia Zoo (Koala Cuddle, Binturongs, Wombats, Echidnas and more). Availability is limited. Book in advance to avoid disappointment. Contact your Destination Specialist for details. Children under 15 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Lunch can be preordered prior to arrival (fee applies).
– Platinum Guided Adventure – VIP tour with exclusive meet & greets and professional photographer.
– Guided Caddie Tour – Private tour with golf cart transportation.