Enjoy a private expedition blending a range of wildlife experiences on the north and south ends of Kangaroo Island.
Have a cup of tea or coffee with some home-made treats before taking a walk down a country track through tall Eucalyptus trees where koalas snooze overhead or wake briefly for a feed. Listen for the sounds of the bush – brightly colored honeyeaters and brilliant parrots, cicadas, or perhaps just the sound of silence.
Travel through the Island’s most productive country to the north coast. Walk through the bush with your guide – through strangely shaped trees learning what makes that noise, whose tracks are those, and who left THAT little pile there? Look for small wallabies almost extinct on the mainland, a kangaroo found only on Kangaroo Island, and a variety of other birds, plants, and animals.
Break for lunch at a private bush camp and enjoy a delicious meal featuring King George whiting (local sea fish), fresh salads, and fine South Australian wines. At Seal Bay Conservation Park take a private tour with your guide among Australian sea-lions on a beautiful sandy beach – an experience like the Galapagos. Watch pups nursing or playing in the surf, see old bulls bearing the scars of territorial disputes, and learn about their unique breeding biology.
Tour finishes with a relaxing ride back to your accommodation.
– Return transfers to your accommodation
– Private touring with a local guide
– Home-baked traditional Australian treats with a selection of hot beverages
– Elegant alfresco lunch set in the bush with a choice of local wines, beer, soft drinks, and spring water
– Access to field guides, binoculars and maps
– All necessary National Parks admission fees
Need to Know
– Operates with a minimum of 2 participants
– Please wear weather appropriate clothing, comfortable walking shoes, and a hat
– Please bring a water bottle and sunscreen
– This experience can be catered to your dietary needs. Please advise of any special dietary requirements when completing your Traveler Information Form