If you like fresh seafood, you’ll love this unique, small group, full day cruise from Hobart! Enjoy oysters shucked straight from the water, rock lobster and see your guide dive for abalone and sea urchin.
Be delighted as your catch is turned into a delicious seafood feast accompanied by gourmet local produce and Tasmanian wines, boutique beers, ciders and juices. Explore calm waterways and deserted beaches surrounding beautiful Bruny Island.
Your journey begins amongst the fishing boats moored at Constitution Dock, in the heart of Hobart’s vibrant waterfront. You’ll be part of a small group of up to 12 guests, and accompanied by experienced local guides. As you pull away from the docks, you’ll leave city life behind. Settle back, relax and admire the diverse scenery as you cruise down the Derwent River, into the sheltered waters of the D’Entrecasteaux Channel that surround Bruny Island.
This pristine paradise is home to Tasmania’s finest seafood. As you weave your way along Bruny Island’s coast, you’ll help your guide to gather oysters, mussels, sea urchin and abalone from the pristine waters. Pull a crayfish at the southern tip of the island, and catch a fish, before dropping anchor in a calm, secluded bay where you can help your guide skillfully prepare and serve your seafood bounty onboard the boat.
Nowhere else in the world is there a journey like this and you can’t get Tasmanian seafood any fresher. Your catch is part of an extensive lunch of the finest gourmet produce, abalone, crayfish, oysters, sashimi, sea urchin, salmon and mussels accompanied by local wine, beers, ciders and juices. Your guides know these waters intimately. They’ve grown up in this wilderness environment, with its picturesque landscapes and beautiful deserted beaches. Throughout the day they’ll provide an entertaining insight into the surrounding landscapes and animals. Such local knowledge only comes from spending years in and around these clean blue waters.
Daily, except Christmas Day (December 25)
Need to Know
Please wear warm, comfortable clothing. It’s a good idea to bring a jacket and don’t forget your camera as there are plenty of photo opportunities!
Departs 9:30am & Returns 5:00pm (Sunday – Friday) and departs 10:00am and returns 5:30pm (Saturday). Please note all times are approximate.
– Transport to/from Franklin Wharf, Hobart
– Wild Abalone – your guide will jump in and snorkel to catch wild abalone, which are prepared and served onboard the boat.
– Rock Lobster – delicious Southern Rock Lobster (known locally as crayfish) is the centerpiece of your gourmet lunch. Tasmanian Rock Lobster are extremely sought-after and exported all of the world.
– Oysters – enjoy wild oysters from the farm of the multi-award winning producer ‘Get Shucked’.
– Salmon – visit a salmon farm and enjoy locally grown sashimi, hot-smoked and cold-smoked salmon.
– Sea Urchin – your guide will gather these delicious seafood delicacies from the crystal clear waters around Bruny Island.
– Beer & Cider – savor locally made organic cider and boutique beer including Moo Brew and Willie Smiths.
– Wine – taste some of Tasmania’s cool climate wine varieties including Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling and Jansz sparkling.