Stop by Otway Fly Treetop Walk to make the most of your Great Ocean Road adventure.
The Treetop Walk is a unique attraction which provides visitors with an interpretive walk experience through beautiful, temperate rainforest.
The walk features a 656 yards (600m) long and 33 yards (30m) high steel-structured treetop canopy walkway. It’s the longest and tallest walkway of its type in the world! Self-guided maps are available for your treetop walk journey.
As you proceed along the level walkway, the ground progressively drops away, taking you on a journey through the upper reaches of the rainforest vegetation.
Emerge through the lush green ferns of the forest floor to the tranquility and beauty of the forest canopy. It’s a fantastic opportunity to see unique Australian rainforest flora and fauna at eye-level.
Informative interpretation panels are located along the walk which explain in detail various flora and fauna to help enrich your Otway Fly experience.
The total walk takes approximately 1 hour to complete, but you can spend as much time as you like out there. The Otway Fly provides visitors of all ages and levels of mobility a unique and challenging experience at all times of the year.
The walk is a total of 1.2 miles round trip and takes approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete. It’s a gradual 546 yards (500m) walk downhill from the Visitor Centre.
The Treetop Walk is 656 yards (600m) long and 33 yards (30m) off the forest floor. At the pinnacle of the walkway, the spiral tower, you will be 52 yards (47m) above the forest floor.
Then it’s a 656 yards (600m) walk back up to the Visitor Centre. The walk also features a Prehistoric Path for the kids.
Daily, except December 25.
Need to Know
– Wear comfortable clothing and enclosed shoes
– Visitors Centre available.
– Souvenir shop, licensed café, indoor and outdoor dining available.
– Shuttle service is available, operating every hour.
– Operates in most weather conditions – rain, hail or shine. Closes in severe weather conditions such as lightning storms, extremely high winds and government declared catastrophic bushfire weather warning days.
Open from 9am – 5pm, with last admissions at 4pm.
– Gentle grade Treetop Walk and multi-level canopy experience.
– Bird’s eye view of native plants and wildlife.
– Self-guided interpretive trail.