This is the ultimate Tasman Peninsula day tour. Your day includes return guided bus tour from Hobart, an award-winning 3 Hour Cruise, morning tea and lunch as part of three hours at the Port Arthur Historic Site.
Join your tour group at Franklin Wharf where you will board a coach and take a scenic drive out of Hobart to the Tasman Peninsula. After morning tea, you will be transferred to the boat for the 3-hour cruise around Tasman Island. Explore the stunning coastline between Eaglehawk Neck and Port Arthur. The custom-built boats cruise into deep-sea caves, past waterfalls, archways and to the foot of Australia’s highest sea cliffs. Remember to be on the lookout for seals, dolphins, migrating whales and sea birds!
After your cruise, arrive at the Port Arthur Historic Site where you will have 3 hours to explore. 40-minute guided tours are available throughout the day or you can explore at your own leisure. You will have access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins, including the Penitentiary (a one time granary and flour mill), the Separate Prison, Commandant’s House, the church and more.
Daily, except Christmas Day
Full Day Tour, 10.25 Hours
Approx. 7:45am – 6:00pm
Highlights & Inclusions
– Bus Transport from Franklin Wharf, Hobart
– Morning Tea
– 3 Hour Wilderness Cruise
– 3 Hours at the Port Arthur Historic Site
Need to Know
– Dress Warmly for the cruise, warm jackets, scarves, beanie and gloves are recommended. A splash jacket is supplied.
– Don’t forget your camera – Great opportunities for photographing wildlife in the wild!
– Children of all ages are welcome.