12 Days Gold Coast, Great Barrier Reef & Melbourne with Flights
Highlights & Inclusions:
- 12 Days/ 10 Nights, Australia
- International Flights: Arrive in Brisbane, Depart Melbourne
- Accommodation: Gold Coast (3 Nights), Port Douglas (4), Melbourne (3)
- Australian Domestic Flights: Brisbane to Cairns, Cairns to Melbourne
- Select your US Departure City. Others not listed can be quoted upon request
Discounted Luxury Tour & Transfer Package! Save $97 per person!
Add $600* to include:
- Gold Coast: Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary with Return Transfer, Koala Cuddle & Photo
- Port Douglas: Great Barrier Reef Cruise and Snorkel with Lunch
- Port Douglas: Luxury Cape Tribulation, Daintree and Mossman Gorge Tour with Lunch
- Melbourne: Phillip Island & Penguin Parade with Exclusive Viewing Area
- Return Shuttle Airport Transfers in Australia
To Book: 888-359-2877 (M-F, 8:30am-5pm CT USA)
Permitted US Departure Dates: Select Dates September 1 – December 10, 2019 & January 12 – June 22, 2020.
Starting Price Reflects Departure Dates: Select Dates September, November 2019 & January – June 2020
Booking Code: ST-TA180a
Deal Expires July 29, 2019
Travel Agency Reviews
Everything was perfect for our trip. Everything I wanted to see and the package Chris put together was perfect. It was action packed but got to see everything we wanted to see. Working with About Australia was smooth and an easy process. Chris spend a lot of time putting the package together and we couldn't be more pleased. All the hotels were in great locations for us to visit the sites. Can't thank you enough for the best vacation ever.
Thank you so much Koda for all the recommendations and the itinerary tips! The stay in Melbourne was centered right in the middle - loved the people, lots to eat, lots to do and see. We loved our stay - our balcony was so beautiful - we loved our view so much! Cairns - loved our hotel and everything was in walk-able distance, we had an ocean view, sunrise was magical - wished we extended our stay and went with your recommendation to extend our trip for another night! Sydney - loved the(...)
Well designed and good value trip, would recommend to friends
Golden Beaches, Tropical Breeze, Incredible Islands and…
Just Wait Until You Meet the Wildlife!
Does your wanderlust crave authentic experiences? Do you feel there is more to travel than just bulleted bucket lists waiting to be checked off? Here’s a perfectly fulfilling vacation for you!
Experience the quintessential Australian lifestyle where Aussies take their vacations – the endless playground of the Gold Coast, the boutique resort town of Port Douglas and fashionable, vibrant Melbourne.
See Australia’s Amazing Beaches, Cities & Local Hangouts with this Amazing Vacation Package!
Board your Virgin Australia flight on the sleek and safe Boeing 777. Virgin Australia is consistently rated as one of the world’s top 20 airlines, ensuring a smooth and comfortable journey. Relax with inflight movies, TV shows and more with a few sips of fine Australian wine. After an inflight dinner it’s lights out, and before you know it you’ll wake up in Australia.
You’ll first land in Brisbane and catch a transfer to the Gold Coast, where boundless waves and sun-kissed beach days await on an endless stretch of golden beaches. The vibrancy of Gold Coast’s tropical culture immediately tunes you into vacation mode.
Enjoy three nights in a spacious 4-star apartment-style hotel, just one block away from famous Surfers Paradise Beach. Set in the heart of the Surfers Paradise, you’re steps away from local favorite coffee shops, restaurants, bars and beachfront markets.
Ready to meet some exciting locals?
The Discounted Add-on Tour package includes a visit to a Gold Coast local icon – the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. This heritage-listed wildlife sanctuary began as locals feeding the colorful lorikeet birds native to this region. Now, the sanctuary is home to one of the world’s largest collections of Australian wildlife!
Getting up close and personal with wildlife doesn’t get more intimate than this. Featuring over 1500 animals and a range of entertaining, immersive shows, you’ll need a whole day to explore the sanctuary.
- Cuddle up with a koala for a photo opt – the perfect souvenir!
- Hand-feed the friendly kangaroos and wallabies.
- Marvel at the dozens of rainbow lorikeets as they fly above the crowds, resting on heads and shoulders.
- Meet an array of Australia’s incredible reptiles.
- Feel the stunning white coat of Marrok, a pure white alpine dingo and the star of the Sanctuary.
On your free days you’ll experience the quintessential Australian lifestyle of the Gold Coast. Kick the day off with a sunrise beach stroll, get salty with a morning surf, or head for the hills to cool off in the natural beauty of the Gold Coast hinterland and national parks.
From the Gold Coast you’ll head back to Brisbane for a short flight to Port Douglas. One step out onto Port Douglas and the coastal breeze of the Coral Sea will instantly soothe you into relaxation. Tropical palm trees stretch out towards Four Mile Beach, the hub of the town. Known as the locals’ gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Port Douglas combines the best of the rainforest and the reef without the international crowds.
You’ll spend four nights in a 4-star resort ideally nestled just moments from Four Mile Beach. Settle in for the night before your next iconic Australian experience.
With the Discounted Add-on Tour package, get ready for an unforgettable Great Barrier Reef adventure!
Set out on a smooth snorkeling cruise to some of the best snorkeling and dive sites on the Outer Great Barrier Reef. Here, the thriving marine life will astonish you with the unbelievable colors of spectacular coral and tropical reef fish!
- Enjoy a cruise on a brand new luxury vessel, equipped with friendly and expert staff brimming with knowledge about the reef.
- Spend over four hours in the water and see the otherworldly sights of this underwater wonderland – snorkeling equipment included.
- Replenish your energy with morning tea and a tropical buffet lunch of filling meats, salads and fresh fruit with complimentary coffee and chilled water.
- Upgrade with optional SCUBA dives and meet more underwater locals – see clown fish, turtles and discover spectacular coral formations.
Worried about the water? Upgrade to experience the reef in your own style and see the reef from a glass bottom boat or semi-submersible for a small additional fee.
After seeing the best of the reef, see the best of the rainforest. The Discounted Add-on Tour package also includes an exclusive, guided eco-tour into the World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation, an extraordinary headland where the Great Barrier Reef meets the rainforest.
- You’ll travel in a luxury vehicle led by experienced and knowledgeable guides.
- Discover the secrets of the Daintree Rainforest, part of the oldest rainforest system in the world – even older than the Amazon!
- Cruise on the Daintree River and learn about the delicate ecosystem of the rainforest.
- Walk on the sands of Cape Tribulation Beach and stand where two World Heritage-listed sites meet.
Following your exciting stay in Port Douglas, you’ll arrive in Melbourne, the capital of Victoria. You’ll soon come to understand why Melbourne is constantly being named one of “The World’s Most Livable Cities.” Here, enjoying the finer things in life is not reserved for a special occasion – it’s simply the way of life.
You’ll spend 3 nights in Australia’s most stylish city, with its passion for food & wine, vibrant arts scene and major events & festivals.
There’s an unmistakably European feel about the city, with a whole world of vibrant cafes, restaurants, coffee shops and bars tucked within its central laneways just waiting to be explored.
With the Discounted Add-on Tours Package, you’ll visit Phillip Island on a guided mid-sized group tour. This jam packed day is full of quintessential Australia experiences!
- You’ll get up close and personal with Australia’s popular native animals and meet incredibly rare species.
- Witness Australian sheep shearing, taste local artisan chocolate and visit koalas in the wild.
- Stroll along Phillip Island’s rocky coast taking in the sounds of the ocean.
- See hundreds of tiny penguins waddle from the ocean on their way home for the night. This package includes access to an exclusive viewing area.
Your next day in Melbourne is free to explore this vast city. Discover its collection of fine museums and art galleries, or go sightseeing on the free City Circle tram, stopping at popular Melbourne attractions.
You’ve seen Australia’s amazing beaches in Gold Coast, iconic Port Douglas and Melbourne, and met local wildlife in Phillip Island.
The best part – you didn’t have to do a thing! As experts in Australia travel, we plan amazing trips for our clients every day. We’ll make sure every detail is taken care of so you’ll have a worry-free vacation. So leave the planning to us and enjoy the trip of a lifetime!
*Terms & Conditions:
|About Australia is proud to be an ARC Accredited Agency, part of the most select group of dedicated professionals in the U.S. travel industry recognized as having met stringent financial, personnel, and security requirements. About Australia’s ARC # 45581863|