11 Days Gold Coast, Port Douglas and Sydney with Flights
Highlights & Inclusions:
- 11 Days/ 9 Nights, Australia
- International Flights to Australia: Arrive in Brisbane, Depart Sydney
- Australia Domestic Flights: Brisbane to Cairns, Cairns to Sydney
- Accommodation: Gold Coast (3 Nights), Port Douglas (4), Sydney (2)
- Free and Independent Travel (FIT)
- Select your US Departure City. Others not listed can be quoted upon request
Discounted Luxury Tour & Transfer Package!Add $650* to include:
- Gold Coast: Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary with Return Transfer, Koala Cuddle & Photo
- Port Douglas: Great Barrier Reef Cruise and Snorkel with Lunch
- Port Douglas: Luxury Cape Tribulation, Daintree and Mossman Gorge Tour with Lunch
- Sydney: Luxury Harbour Cruise with Lunch
- Return Shuttle Airport Transfers in Australia
Book by: July 29, 2019
Permitted US Departure Dates: Select Dates September 1, 2019 – December 5, 2019 & January 12 – June 27, 2020
Lowest Price Found: Select Dates September 2019 & March – June 2020
Travel Agency Reviews
3 countries, 13 flights, 31 vouchers, 0 problems.
This was a well orchestrated trip by Ana at AboutAustralia of Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Australia is beautiful. Our trip was well planned and very organized. Daily vouchers were easy to understand and all travel documents were very organized. Darin was extremely helpful and readily available for questions and concerns. I would definitely recommend About Australia for your travel needs.
Fabulous trip to Australia and New Zealand. We asked for photography opportunities-- landscape and wildlife and that's just what we got at a reasonable price. Ana was with us every step of the way to include during the trip, when a hotel owner thought we had unintentionally left things in a room. Amazing service-- friendly, efficient and spot on. Thank you to Ana and to the owner, Paul, too, for their minding reading abilities. :-)
Extraordinary Beaches, Lush Rainforest, Gorgeous Reefs and International Landmarks….
the Best of Australia in One Trip!
When was the last time travel changed you?
As you step on Australia’s tropical beaches and sun-kissed coastal cities, you’ll discover there’s more to travel than just bulleted bucket lists waiting to be checked off.
No more tourist guidebooks or traveling as an outsider looking in. With this Australia vacation package, you won’t be a tourist visiting Australia. You’ll be a local experiencing Australia’s famous icons and hidden gems.
See Australia’s Highlights with this Gold Coast, Reef, Sydney & Local Favorites Vacation!
Board your Virgin Australia flight on the sleek and safe Boeing 777. Virgin Australia is consistently rated as one of the world’s top 20 airlines, ensuring a smooth and comfortable journey. Relax with inflight movies, TV shows and more with a few sips of fine Australian wine. After an inflight dinner it’s lights out, and before you know it you’ll wake up in Australia.
You’ll first land in Brisbane and catch a transfer to the Gold Coast. Curling waves and sun-kissed beach days await on the Gold Coast’s endless stretch of golden beaches. The vibrancy of Gold Coast’s tropical culture immediately tunes you into vacation mode, whether you want to explore local haunts or roll out your towel on the beach.
Enjoy three nights in a spacious 4-star apartment-style hotel, just one block away from Surfers Paradise Beach. Located in the heart of the Surfers Paradise district, you’re steps away from local favorite coffee shops, restaurants, bars and beachfront markets.
Ready to meet some exciting locals?
Upgrade to our Luxury Tours & Transfer Package to include a visit to a Gold Coast local icon – the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. This heritage-listed wildlife sanctuary began as a local attraction feeding the colorful lorikeet birds native to this region. Now, the sanctuary is home to one of the world’s largest collections of Australian wildlife!
Getting up close and personal with wildlife has never been more intimate than this. Featuring over 1500 animals and a range of entertaining, immersive shows, you’ll need a whole day to explore the sanctuary.
- Cuddle up with a koala for a photo opt – the perfect souvenir!
- Hand-feed the friendly kangaroos and wallabies.
- Marvel at the dozens of rainbow lorikeets as they fly above the crowds, resting on heads and shoulders.
- Meet an array of Australia’s incredible reptiles.
- Feel the stunning white coat of Marrok, a pure white alpine dingo and the star of the Sanctuary.
On your free days you’ll experience the quintessential Australian lifestyle of the Gold Coast. Kick the day off with a sunrise beach stroll, get salty with a morning surf, or head for the hills to cool off in the natural beauty of the Gold Coast hinterland and national parks. Enjoy an optional day trip to Byron Bay for beaches sparkling with boho vibes, breathtaking coastal walks and tropical fruit tastings. Or you may want to take an optional day-cation to an island paradise at Tangalooma Island Resort, where wild dolphins visit at sunset for a handfeeding.
From the Gold Coast you’ll head back to Brisbane for a short flight to Port Douglas. One step out onto Port Douglas and the coastal breeze of the Coral Sea will instantly soothe you into relaxation. Tropical palm trees stretch out towards Four Mile Beach, the hub of the town. Known as the locals’ gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Port Douglas combines the best of the rainforest and the reef without the international crowds.
You’ll spend four nights in a 4-star resort ideally nestled just moments from Four Mile Beach. Your days are free to explore this vibrant coastal town, where no building is taller than a palm tree. Take it slow and unwind with a cocktail at a waterfront bar and a platter teeming with freshly-caught local seafood, or simply wander along the beach and catch the incredible Port Douglas sunsets.
Upgrade to our Luxury Tours & Transfer Package to include an exciting snorkeling cruise to the Great Barrier Reef! Setting out to some of the best snorkeling and dive sites on the Outer Great Barrier Reef, you’ll see the unbelievable colors of spectacular coral and reef fish most visitors miss out on!
- Enjoy a cruise on a brand new luxury vessel, equipped with friendly and expert staff brimming with knowledge about the reef.
- Spend over four hours in the water and see the otherworldly sights of this underwater wonderland – snorkeling equipment included.
- Replenish your energy with morning tea and a tropical buffet lunch of filling meats, salads and fresh fruit with complimentary coffee and chilled water.
- Upgrade with optional SCUBA dives and meet more underwater locals – see clown fish, turtles and discover spectacular coral formations.
Worried about the water? Upgrade to experience the reef in your own style and see the reef from a glass bottom boat or semi-submersible for a small additional fee.
Our Luxury Tours & Transfer Package also includes an exclusive, guided eco-tour into the World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation, an extraordinary headland where the Great Barrier Reef meets the rainforest.
- You’ll travel in a luxury vehicle led by experienced and knowledgeable guides.
- Discover the secrets of the Daintree Rainforest, part of the oldest rainforest system in the world – even older than the Amazon!
- Cruise on the Daintree River and learn about the delicate ecosystem of the rainforest.
- Walk on the sands of Cape Tribulation Beach and stand where two World Heritage-listed sites meet.
Australia is filled with spectacular contrasts. One day you’re relaxing in the tropics, and the next you’re exploring world-class cities. After your time in Port Douglas, get ready for one of the most popular travel destinations in the world – Sydney!
A blend of urban city delights and sunny coastal splendor awaits in Sydney. You’ll stay two nights in a stylish and comfortable accommodation conveniently located between Darling Harbour and the Sydney central business district. With our Tours & Transfers Package, you’ll enjoy an exclusive lunch cruise along the famous Sydney Harbour. See iconic Sydney sights such as the Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House as well as local gems and hotspots shared by your captain.
Your days are free to explore all Sydney has to offer. Nestled along a world-famous harbor rich with unique history, there’s something for every type of traveler.
- Get your hands on a Sydney Harbour Cruise Pass for a hop on hop off cruise along the harbor and stop at sites such as Manly Beach, Taronga Zoo, Luna Park, Circular Quay and much more.
- Stretch your legs on the Bondi to Coogee Coastal Walk, running along some of Sydney’s best beaches and coastline.
- Grab a bite to eat at one of many waterfront eateries and fine dining institutions. One of our favorites is Graze, located in the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia with unbeatable views of the Sydney Opera House.
- Take in panoramic views of the city on top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge on an exhilarating Bridge Climb!
As the sun sets on your final day in Australia, you’ll look back on your vacation filled with fun in the sun, incredible wildlife encounters and essential Australian experiences with a smile on your face. Not to mention an album of fantastic photos everyone will want to see! The only thing left to do as you board your plane back home is think about the favorite moments you’ll share with friends dying to hear about your trip.
The best part – you didn’t have to do a thing! As experts in Australia travel, we plan amazing trips for our clients every day. We’ll make sure every detail is taken care of so you’ll have a worry-free vacation. So leave the planning to us and enjoy the trip of a lifetime!
*Terms & Conditions:
|About Australia is proud to be an ARC Accredited Agency, part of the most select group of dedicated professionals in the U.S. travel industry recognized as having met stringent financial, personnel, and security requirements. About Australia’s ARC # 45581863|