Wine Vacation Deal | Tasmania Wine, Wilderness & Australian Icons
12 Days Tasmania Wine, Nature & Australian Icons from $2,100*
- 12 Days/ 10 Nights, Australia
- Free and Independent Travel (Not a Group Tour)
- Fully Customizable to Your Needs
- Accommodation: Melbourne (1 Night), Launceston (2), Hobart (4), Cairns (3)
- Australian Domestic Flights: Melbourne to Launceston, Hobart to Cairns, Cairns to Brisbane
- Tours Included:
- Launceston, Tasmania: Tarmar Valley Wine Tour (Half Day)
- Launceston to Hobart Tasmania Big 3 Tour
- Cradle Mountain National Park – Art, hiking, nature & wildlife in wild
- Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park – History, coastal hikes, Wineglass Bay lookout
- Port Arthur & Tassie Devils – Convict history, Tasmanian devil feeding, chocolate tasting
- Hobart: Wine Meets Art Tour & Taste at Moorilla and MONA
- Shuttle Transfers: Melbourne Airport to Accommodation (Return), Launceston Airport to Accommodation, Cairns Airport to Accommodation (Return)
- Private Transfer: Hobart Accommodation to Airport
- International Flights: Los Angeles to Melbourne, Brisbane to Los Angeles, Not Included, please inquire for current sale pricing.
- US Domestic Flights: Are not included, but can be included on request.
To Book: 888-359-2877 (M-F, 8:30am-5pm CT USA)
Booking Code: ST-TW2
Whether you’re a casual wine drinker or a more seasoned sommelier, it’s a universal knowledge that nothing pairs better with wine than travel.
And a glass is best enjoyed with a view.
With scenery that belongs on a postcard, Australia’s island state of Tasmania combines rugged mountains, ancient forests and spectacular coastlines with burgeoning wine regions that are turning heads in the international wine scene. Sparkling whites and award-winning wines coupled with river-fed valleys and historic towns – this is the perfect Australian wine match.
We want to take you straight into the action with our Tasmania Wine, Nature & Australian Icons vacation package.
Start your trip with a night in Melbourne. This cosmopolitan city is where Australia’s love of good food, vibrant music scenes and sporting events knows no equal. The creative energy flowing through the city is apparent in its famous street art, museums and art galleries, boutique shops and craft markets.
Even the coffee is brewed as an art form. No visit to Melbourne is complete without a flat white.
After your taste of Melbourne, jet off to Launceston in Tasmania.
Launceston is Tasmania’s second largest city, and one of Australia’s oldest settlements. Surrounded in sumptuous hills, ancient, fern-wreathed forests and bushland valleys, Launceston blends natural beauty with historic charm. Its elegant Victorian architecture and handsome parks, set against the scenic Tamar River, create an image of an idyllic town straight out of a classic novel.
You’ll stay at a 5-star accommodation nestled on the banks of the Tamar River. Forged out of a heritage building dating back to the 1960’s, your accommodation boasts rooms set in repurposed grain silos, 24-hour reception, an onsite restaurant with paddock-to-plate menus, and exceptional wine and cocktail lists.
Set your luggage down at your accommodation and whisk away on a tour of the neighboring Tamar Valley. As Tasmania’s premier wine growing region, Tamar Valley has produced award-winning wines and exquisite culinary delights. On this half-day wine tour, you’ll see why Tasmania’s has been named as one of the world’s Top 10 Wine Destinations by Wine Enthusiast magazine.
- Taste sparkling wines considered only second to Champagne in France.
- Visit up to four boutique vineyards showcasing the region’s exceptional Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.
- Enjoy a delicious local produce tasting featuring rich and savory Tasmanian cheeses.
With the scenic Tamar River streaming behind gorgeous vineyard estates, the natural beauty of Tamar Valley combined with its exquisite wines will absolutely enchant you.
Tasmania is blessed with vast forest wilderness, spectacular mountains and an enrapturing storied history. Your next day in Tasmania embarks on a journey exploring all three on an incredible 3-day tour of Tasmania’s most iconic attractions: Cradle Mountain, Wineglass Bay and Port Arthur.
- Start off with a venture into one of Tasmania’s most renowned natural treasures – Cradle Mountain. This World Heritage-listed area is laden with walking trails through forest pines, ancient rainforest, and around glacial mirror lakes.
- Journey to Wineglass Bay in Freycinet National Park on the second day of your guided tour. White sand beaches and pristine turquoise waters glimmer against pink granite cliffs surrounding this coastal national park. Walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout for stunning views of this world-renowned beach.
- Meet Tasmanian locals and learn about the haunting history of Australia on the third day of your tour. You’ll arrive at the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo to meet these spunky natives for a Tasmanian devil feeding, followed by an afternoon exploring the historic convict site of Port Arthur.
Your 3-day tour ends in Hobart, the capital of Tasmania and Australia’s second oldest city. Set on the estuary of River Derwent at the foot of Mount Wellington, Hobart’s fascinating heritage is on display through its Colonial-style architecture and Georgian sandstone warehouses.
Hobart is also home to one of the world’s most unique and controversial art museums – the Museum of Old and New Art (Mona). Its eccentric vibe draw visitors from around the world to view its exhibits, ranging from modern masterpieces to the macabre abstract. Featuring a haute-cuisine restaurant, onsite winery and vineyard, a day out at Mona is easily turned into a day of
Get right to the heart of Mona with a Wine Meets Art Tour and Taste experience. Explore the museum before enjoying a wine-paired lunch and private guided tour of its onsite winery, Moorilla, with tutored tastings. Every sip, nibble and glimpse within Mona showcases why this spectacular museum is at the helm of Hobart’s food, wine and art scene.
Your last day in Hobart is free to relax and explore the city. Take a stroll along its serene harbor, lined with waterfront cafes, restaurants and pubs, or join an optional tour:
- Travel down the channel to Bruny Island and explore spectacular landscapes and gourmet local produce in a delicious day out where every course on the menu is a stop on your journey. Sample artisanal cheeses, handcrafted whiskies and gin, fresh oysters, local chocolates and more.
- Explore Tasmania’s rugged coastlines on a wilderness cruise along the Tasman Peninsula. See breathtaking cliffs, spot dolphins and seals, and end with a visit to the Tasmanian Devil Conservation Park.
- Be delighted as your catch is turned into a delicious seafood feast on a cruise from Hobart’s waterfront down the Derwent River. Gather oysters, mussels, sea urchin and lobster to enjoy onboard with local wines, beers and ciders.
Shake off the Tasmanian chill from your bones and warm up to the tropics of Australia in Cairns. This city is the gateway to some of Australia’s most treasured natural gems – the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest.
You’ll spend 3 nights in 4.5 star resort, perfectly located to explore the vibrant Cairns Esplanade and Lagoon. Your days are free to enjoy this tropical paradise, where the warm waters are primed for snorkeling and the verdant rainforest calls for an exciting expedition.
Once you’ve rounded out your Australia vacation in Cairns you’ll be sure that you experienced the best of Australia’s wine and natural icons in one unforgettable trip.
All it takes is connecting with an About Australia Destination Specialist.
Our job is to handle all the planning and arrangements to ensure your trip goes down as smooth as the pours of wine you’ll enjoy along the way. And if you want to see more of Australia, we can customize this trip to include more destinations, tours and extended days to create a vacation uniquely your own. Connect with us to start planning your vacation to Australia today!
Travel Agency Reviews
Virgin Australia made the lengthy flight enjoyable.The hotel, Breakfree, was in the heart of town, spacious clean comfortable room and front desk staff bent over backwards to assist us with all kinds of requests. The tours were informative and fun. We had time to do a few things on our own, like having dinner at the top of Sydney tower our last night. On the Blue Mountain tour, we even had an impromptu chance to spot an emu in a large field and wound up feeding him apples from our hands. I(...)
Through the entire trip I kept saying to Betty that I could not believe how smoothly everything was going. It was an amazing, stress free (due to your efforts) trip. The hotels in Cairns and Sydney could not have been more accommodating. The whole trip from beginning to end was just really stress free. Taxi’s to/from airports, airport personnel, etc. were just wonderful. You did an amazing job and I have recommended you/your company to my friends without hesitation.
Thank you so much Koda for all the recommendations and the itinerary tips! The stay in Melbourne was centered right in the middle - loved the people, lots to eat, lots to do and see. We loved our stay - our balcony was so beautiful - we loved our view so much! Cairns - loved our hotel and everything was in walk-able distance, we had an ocean view, sunrise was magical - wished we extended our stay and went with your recommendation to extend our trip for another night! Sydney - loved the(...)
We had a very well planned trip by about Australia, the activities were fun. The rooms were fantastic. Only complaint it wasn’t long enough. I’d definitely use them again and recommend them to friends.
*Terms & Conditions:
|About Australia is proud to be an ARC Accredited Agency, part of the most select group of dedicated professionals in the U.S. travel industry recognized as having met stringent financial, personnel, and security requirements. About Australia’s ARC # 45581863|