The spectacular Great Ocean Road is one of Australia’s most popular destinations. Experience views of uninterrupted beaches, dramatic coastlines and the lush rainforest of the Otway Ranges with this small group eco-tour.
Travel west to the start of the Great Ocean Road and pass the coastal towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay. Arrive at the iconic Cape Otway Lighthouse, mainland Australia’s oldest surviving lighthouse and enjoy breathtaking views over the Southern Ocean and Bass Strait.
Discover the Shipwreck Coast, stroll along the historic beaches and see Loch Ard Gorge. Arrive at the famous 12 Apostles and descend the Gibson’s Steps, where you will be dwarfed by the high cliff line and these enormous offshore stacks. With this small tour group, there is plenty of time to get out and explore nature at its very best.
The highlights of this Great Ocean Road adventure include a visit to Bells Beach, where you’ll see one of Australia’s famous surfing beaches, world renowned for the Rip Curl Surfing Pro.
Enjoy the breathtaking view from iconic Cape Otway Lighthouse and learn about the fascinating history of the Aboriginal owners of the Gadabanud Peoples’ Cultural Centre. You will be afforded stops where you’ll see wildlife like Eastern grey kangaroos, koalas and native birds in the wild.
Pass through coastal towns of Lorne, Apollo Bay and Port Campbell. Enjoy a rainforest experience in the luscious surrounds of the Otway Rainforest and marvel at some of the tallest eucalyptus trees in Australia.
Daily, except December 25
Need to Know
- Minimum of 1 passenger required.
- Maximum of 24 passengers allowed.
- No children under the age of 4.
- Consider wearing warm, interchangeable layers.
- Bring a water bottle, snacks, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses and comfortable walking shoes.
- Lunch, dinner, refreshments, water and snacks are at own expense.
Tour departs between 6:45am – 7:45am and returns by 9:00pm.
- Return transfers from accommodation available – please ask your About Australia Destination Specialist.
- National Park entrance fees.
- Guided tour.
Add a 15-minute helicopter flight to see the magnificent 12 Apostles from above!