Taste your way across Bruny Island visiting some of our favorite artisan producers on a gourmet adventure whilst taking in the spectacular scenery of Tasmania’s favorite island.
Delight in a relaxing tour of HIBA’s 50 acres of private English and native gardens overlooking Adventure Bay before being treated to fudge in the tranquil surrounds.
Be inspired by island anecdotes of flora, fauna and history as told by our guides and storytellers. See local aboriginal artefacts. Wonder at the Bligh Museum, with tall tales of Adventure Bay explorers.
Your adventure highlights the unique natural environment of Bruny Island. Take in the glorious views from the iconic Neck Lookout, climbing the 240 wooden steps to take in the narrow isthmus between north and south Bruny Island. Step back in time with a walk through the ancient Mavista Rainforest and breathe in the cleanest air as you stroll under the towering canopy. Keep an eye out for the rare white wallabies that thrive on our private reserve.
Daily, except Christmas Day
Need to Know
We suggest wearing warm, comfortable clothing. It’s a good idea to bring a jacket and don’t forget your camera as there are plenty of photo opportunities!
10 Hours, approx. 7:45am – 6:00pm
- 7:45am Depart Hobart
- Bruny Island Ferry crossing
- 9:30am Bruny Island Cheese & Beer Co – exclusive tasting
- 10:30am The Neck lookout
- 11:15am Mavista rainforest walk and search for white wallabies
- 12:00pm Lunch at Pennicotts – oysters, main meal and two glasses of wine, beer, cider or juices
- 1:15pm Visit Bligh Museum
- 1:45pm Two Tree Point beach walk
- 2:15pm HIBA Gardens & Bruny Island Chocolate Company
- 3:45pm Bruny Island Honey – honey ice-cream & take home tasting
- Drive thru Get Shucked Oysters for purchase
- Bruny Island Ferry Crossing
- 5:30pm/6:00pm Arrive in Hobart