Vacation Deal | Australian Wildlife, Coasts & Delights
11 Days Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Melbourne & Tasmania from $3,189*
- 11 Days/ 9 Nights, Australia
- Accommodation: Adelaide (2 Nights), Kangaroo Island (1), Melbourne (3), Hobart (3)
- Australian Domestic Flights: Sydney to Adelaide, Adelaide to Melbourne, Melbourne to Hobart (Return)
- Tours Included:
- Melbourne’s Hidden Secrets Walking Tour
- Phillip Island & Penguin Parade Ultimate Eco Tour with Exclusive Viewing Area
- Hobart: Bruny Island Wilderness Cruise & Sightseeing Tour
- Overnight Tour: 1 Day / 1 Night Kangaroo Island Exploration
- Shuttle Airport Transfers in Melbourne
- Private Transfer from Adelaide Central Bus Station to Airport
- International Flights: Los Angeles to Sydney, Melbourne to Los Angeles.
- US Domestic Flights: Are not included, but can be included on request.
- Add-on more of Australia and save!
To Book: 888-359-2877 (M-F, 8:30am-5pm CT USA)
Permitted US Departure Dates: Select Dates Now – March 21, 2020
Booking Code: ST-TA121
Deal Expires July 2, 2019
Add-on 3 Nights in Sydney from $506*
Extend your stay in Australia with this discounted Add-on Package to Sydney, Australia. This package includes everything in Australian Coasts, Wildlife & Delights vacation deal plus:
- 3 Nights in Sydney
- 2 Day Hop On, Hop Off Sydney Harbour Cruise Pass
- Shuttle Airport transfers in Sydney
Add-on 3 Nights in Cairns & 3 Nights in Sydney from $1,190*
Looking for the ultimate Australia vacation? Add the Great Barrier Reef and Sydney to this amazing itinerary. This package comes with everything in the Australian Coasts, Wildlife & Delights vacation deal plus:
- 3 Nights in Cairns
- 3 Nights in Sydney
- Great Barrier Reef Cruise with Snorkeling
- 2 Day Hop On, Hop Off Sydney Harbour Cruise Pass
- Shuttle Airport transfers
- Additional Australian domestic flights to get you there!
Travel Agency Reviews
We loved our time in Australia! The diversity between Melbourne, Cairns, and Sydney was great. We did several tours including the Phillip Island Penguins, the snorkeling/diving in Cairns (would like to do that one about 10 more times!), the Kuranda Rainforeststation, and the Hop on/Hop off tour in Sydney. We also did some extra exploring at those places and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We highly recommend time in Australia - LOTS of time vs. just the 11 days we spent there! We just may(...)
I wasn't totally convinced that this would work out. But, it did. Darin Hendry did a fabulous job of making our trip perfect. I was worried- I didn't have to- he's a 5 star pro. We loved it all.
3 countries, 13 flights, 31 vouchers, 0 problems.
This was a well orchestrated trip by Ana at AboutAustralia of Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
About Australia did a fantastic job planning our trip. We enjoyed the flexibility of designing it based on our preferences. I highly recommend this service!
Rocky Coasts, Pristine Beaches, Incredible Islands and…
Just Wait Until You Meet the Wildlife!
As you walk through spectacular rock formations, dappled with smooth coves weathered by the mesmerizing blue waters before you, you’ll wonder if this is really Australia. Kangaroos lie around you, succumbing to a sun-induced nap as the waves gently lap onto the rocky shores. Koalas sit above you, dozing high among the towering eucalyptus trees.
One day you’re exploring unique islands where native wildlife roam free, and the next you’re discovering the delights of world-class cities that rival New York. This is Australia.
Come to the land where the littlest penguins in the world march back home on the beach before you. Walk the eclectic lanes alive with colorful street art, hiding a world of extraordinary shops and cafes just waiting to be discovered in Melbourne. Get up close to fur seals playing along the rugged coastlines of Tasmania.
With breathtaking islands and iconic cities to explore, this package takes you to the best of Australia’s wildlife and coastal delights!
Arrive in Adelaide, where you’ll spend 2 nights in a 4-star hotel. Here you’ll find that fantastic food and wine is a way of life. You’ll find unbeatable gourmet produce and regional charm at the Adelaide Central Market. The city boasts a great nightlife with many high-end, experimental and eclectic offerings throughout the city. On your free day you can enjoy this laid-back city or maybe take a tour of Barossa Valley. Home of Penfolds, Barossa is an internationally-recognized leader in wine production, especially Shiraz, Cabernet, Riesling and Chardonnay. Gourmet food can be found all over the valley. Some famous spots are Hentley Farm and Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop.
After Adelaide you’ll head to Kangaroo Island. Tonight you’ll stay in a boutique 4-Star seaside hotel with very comfy beds! Be sure to try some of that Kangaroo Island honey! While they have some really yummy honey ice cream at the ferry terminal, you can get a great deal on a big jar of honey at the Penneshaw IGA (on the block behind your hotel).
Get ready for an unforgettable Kangaroo Island guided exploration experience. This is a very special place, often described as a zoo without fences. Echidnas, platypuses, goannas, wallabies and kangaroos are both thriving and mesmerizing. Half the native bushland on Kangaroo Island remains just as it was when British navigator Matthew Flinders put a name to this untamed wilderness in 1802.
- You’ll walk among sea lions at Seal Bay.
- Enjoy an amazing 2-course lunch with small-town island charm.
- Take a walk under the eucalyptus trees looking for koalas.
- Spend the afternoon in Flinders Chase National Park where you’ll encounter some of the most spectacular sites ever!
- Remarkable Rocks – Walk through the bush land towards a massive grouping of granite boulders. As the wind plays with your hair, you might be amazed to think that over thousands of years this same air and sea spray pounded solid rock into these unlikely formations. Similarly, you’ll be changed by this place too. You’ll have time to explore rocks, tuck inside the dappled coves and take some great photos.
- Admirals Arch – You’ll take a stroll down a winding boardwalk through the sand dunes to the rocky shore. Maybe you’ll spot a few seals playing in the surf, then you’ll turn a corner and behold an impressively unusual landmark and hundreds of adorable seals. It took thousands of years for this rock bridge to form and today it serves as natural nursery and safe haven for playful New Zealand fur seals. Shutter bugs will appreciate both a telephoto lens for the seals and a wide angle lens to capture the arch.
Following your Kangaroo Island adventure, you’ll arrive in Melbourne, the capital of Victoria. You’ll soon come to understand why Melbourne is constantly being named one of “The World’s Most Livable Cities.” Here, enjoying the finer things in life is not reserved for a special occasion – it’s simply the way of life.
You’ll spend 3 nights in Australia’s most stylish city, with its passion for food & wine, vibrant arts scene and major events & festivals.
There’s an unmistakably European feel about the city, with a whole world of vibrant cafes, restaurants, coffee shops and bars tucked within its central laneways just waiting to be explored. Enjoy an amazing small group walking tour of Melbourne. Your local guide will reveal some of the quirkiest cafes, independent designers, street srt, architecture and historical tales of Melbourne along the way.
After a restful night in your 4 star apartment-style hotel, you’ll visit Phillip Island on a guided mid-sized group tour. This jam packed day is full of quintessential Australia experiences!
- You’ll get up close and personal with Australia’s popular native animals and see some lesser known but equally adorable endangered species.
- Witness Australian sheep shearing, taste local artisan chocolate and visit koalas in the wild.
- Stroll along Phillip Island’s rocky coast taking in the sounds of the ocean.
- Witness thousands of tiny penguins waddle from the ocean on their way home for the night. This package includes access to an exclusive viewing area.
From Melbourne you’ll fly to Australia’s largest island and smallest state, Tasmania. Here you’ll stay at an award winning apartment style hotel with free WiFi! (This is rare in Australia, so when you get it you will be celebrating.) The free WiFi is nice, but while you’re in this pristine wonderland, you’ll likely not want to spend much time in your hotel. Get outside and breathe in the cleanest air in the world. Surround yourself in world-class natural beauty!
We’ll get you started on day 9 of your adventure with an exciting wilderness cruise along Tasmania’s pristine coastline. Surrounded in towering cliffs, cascading waterfalls and coastal wildlife, you’ll fall in love with this rugged island paradise. Meet the Bruny Island seals, dolphins, whales, albatross and a wealth of other exotic bird species as you cruise past breathtaking rock formations dappled with spectacular caves and arches. If you’re lucky, you might get to see migrating whales!
Your next day is free to do what you want in and around Hobart. Tucked beneath the magnificent Mount Wellington, the streets are lined with historic buildings and beautiful parks. If you’re there on a Saturday, you can stroll the Salamanca Market, the iconic celebration of Tasmania’s unique culture, creative artisans, talented musicians and diverse producers. Other options include a guided tour of kunanyi/Mount Wellington for fantastic views, a visit to Port Arthur Historic Site to learn about Tasmania’s fascinating past or a visit to the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), the world’s most controversial private collections of modern art and antiquities.
As the sun sets on your final day in Hobart, you’ll look back on your Australian vacation filled with coastal experiences, Australian wildlife and great food with a smile on your face.
You traveled thousands of miles, visited 3 classy cities and it all ran like clockwork. Everything was taken care of, your hotels were amazing and you barely had to do any of the work! As your Australian Travel Specialists, we’ll make sure this is a reality.
Let’s start planning your Australian Vacation today!
Still haven’t seen enough?
Australia is huge and will always leave you wanting more. With so much to experience and see, an additional stay in Sydney may be just what you need. If you add-on an extra 3 nights, you can start your trip in beautiful Sydney and begin your vacation with Australia’s first internationally recognized iconic landmark.
When in one of the world’s most beautiful harbour cities, a cruise is a must! Enjoy a Sydney Harbour Cruise Pass for a hop on hop off cruise along the harbour. Stop at popular Sydney sites such as Manly Beach, Taronga Zoo, Luna Park, Circular Quay and much more. Stop at Darling Harbour and explore this lively shopping and entertainment precinct, or stop down at Barangaroo, Sydney’s newest waterfront precinct with world-class dining and a lush park reserve.
Sydney is never short on things to do and is home to many of Australia’s best museums, art galleries, and more. Take a day for yourself if you wish to just explore the city and let serendipity take over. You could end up finding yourself on a tour of Sydney’s wineries, spending time at Bondi Beach, hiking the coastline or simply sitting back at one of many open air cafes and restaurants.
With all the legwork done for you, why travel any other way? From start to finish, your vacation should be effortless. Book your vacation now. Leave the work at work and the planning to us.
Round out your trip in tropical North Queensland
Don’t miss your chance to see two amazing world heritage sites while you’re in Australia. Choose to add-on to your vacation and spend 3 nights in tropical Cairns. Cairns is the gateway to an Australian destination perhaps even more renowned than the Opera House – the Great Barrier Reef. Spend a day cruising out to the reef and don on snorkeling equipment to explore this incredible underwater wonderland. On your free day in Cairns explore the local Marlin Jetty, Esplanade and Night Markets.
Once you’ve rounded out your vacation in Cairns, you’ll be sure that you’ve made the most of your vacation and reflect on the once-in-a-lifetime trip you just had. The last thing you want to feel on your way home is that you missed out on any important destinations. Australia is huge (just about the size of the United States) and trying to see it all in one-go can be difficult, but by planning with us we can ensure that your time isn’t wasted and you’ve experienced the most you could.
*Terms & Conditions:
|About Australia is proud to be an ARC Accredited Agency, part of the most select group of dedicated professionals in the U.S. travel industry recognized as having met stringent financial, personnel, and security requirements. About Australia’s ARC # 45581863|